Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Stonefish posted:

Who exactly would like the character of the Groosalug? I can't see anyone doing so.

David Boreanaz had started to put on the chub and they needed someone to balance Cordy in her bikini?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Drei posted:

Easiest way I think of it is that since there was only meant to be one Slayer at a time, they can only pass their powers on once (because presumably up till now, the Slayer only died once). When Buffy dies in S1, she passes the powers onto Kendra. Then when she revives, she still has Slayer powers, but since she's already passed them on, she can't do it again. When Kendra, the active Slayer dies, she passes it onto Faith.

I think Joss had a different explanation having to do with the nature of Buffy's second death, but I think this one covers the bases better.

No, that's all correct; you get one chance to pass it on in your life, at the point of your death. What Joss's added complication was was that when they resurrected Buffy, the second life she got pulled the line back to her, which was meant to have screwed everything up and allowed the First to see a way to gently caress with the line. Unfortunately, they apparently dropped that storyline.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 20, 2008

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

Xander's punishment for leaving Anya at the altar? Nonexistent. Oz killed several times in the course of the series (again, in all fairness, he was a wolf at the time) - nobody cares. Buffy sleeping with Angel led to Giles being tortured, Jenny Calendar dying and nearly caused the end of the whole gently caress world. Welp, what can you do.

There are all a bit thin - leaving someone at the altar is a personal thing that isn't really akin to the others, Oz wasn't the wolf and after discovering it took all reasonable measures to keep it locked up, and the idea of placing any of the responsibility for Angelus' actions on Buffy for sexing him up is just absurd; there comes a point when it's just part of the random chaos of events leading up to it.

Xander's Musical or Spike, on the other hand...

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

RoryGilmore posted:

To be honest, seasons five through seven of Buffy weren't so terrible. They just could have gone without the Buffy dying

So what you're saying is that seasons six and seven weren't bad but they could have done without the thing that defined the entirety of the two seasons and their direction and character development?

• Locked thread