Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster
Dollhouse will be my first Joss Whedon show that I watch when it is still on the air and I am excited to experience the heartbreaking pain in real time when it is canceled too soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

Ryan-RB posted:

Spin The Bottle. Much funnier, and a much better analysis of the characters. Not to mention Tabula Rasa pushed the whole "blank slate" philosophy of there being something that spiritually and innately makes a person WHO THEY ARE, which is utter bullshit.

I thought it was funny that they all had retained knowledge of how the world worked but didn't know vampires really existed.

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster
So does anyone else think that, unintentionally or not, both Buffy and Angel series' were about Angel and Spike's relationship?

TuxRacer69 posted:

Dr. Horrible is now on Hulu, albeit with commercials, in one episode with all 3 acts.

Here.
I hope this doesn't mean it wasn't selling well. :(

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

Idran posted:

It's a metaphor, IRL's referring to a Japanese tradition from the 12th century. It essentially means someone that willingly left power and became a monk. Though it doesn't really fit since the cloistered emperors tended to control things from behind the scenes at least somewhat after they abdicated their thrones.

At least, it doesn't really fit so far as we know.

You might have a point. Being an operative doesn't really seem like the sort of job that you can just give a two week notice for, and he got treated very, very well by the Alliance for someone who no longer believed in the cause.

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

SecretFire posted:

Andrew.

It always bothered me that he killed Jonathan in cold blood and basically his punishment is to be tied to a chair for a couple episodes. I mean, even Willow was given more grief for her murder.

Patrovsky posted:

I particularly enjoyed the Fred/Illyria arc (as if it isn't obvious) - A Hole In The World was incredibly depressing, and easily my favourite episode by a long shot.

"There's a hole in the world. Seems like we should have known about this." is one of my favorite lines in the whole series.

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

Patrovsky posted:

I wouldn't say being everybody's bitch in Season 7 is really being a star. Though the fact that he's everybody's bitch is part of the reason I like him.

I didn't really like that his punishment for cold blooded murder was basically being tied to a chair for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradol Ex
Nov 8, 2004

by Fragmaster

Andrew_1985 posted:

Or the fact there's a perfectly fine Police Station they could've turned him over to... you know.. for murder.

I guess the problem with that would be explaining why the principal of the school would have moved the body to a shallow grave in the desert and why exactly the murder took place over a giant, evil looking seal.

It also seemed weird that Willow felt comfortable walking around town after she single-handedly sieged the local police station.

I guess the police there really are deeply stupid.

• Locked thread