Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I really like the look and feel of the metal plumbing pipe desks with a butcherblock top on them, but I'm poor. The pipes won't be hard or crazy expensive to get, but the top might be. Is there a good resource for finding something comparable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
So I have these monstrous floor speakers that are about 1ft. square and 4 feet tall that I'd like to put in storage and instead use some politely sized bookshelf speakers with good response across most frequencies to go with my steam-lined desk Any recommendations?

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
for what its worth, the 'amp' I've been using is an RCA brand radio/cd/tape unit that used to have little bookshelf speakers attached to it. the connection between the PC and the stereo head unit is by way of a 3.5mm to RCA stereo cable. I wouldn't mind getting a smaller unit to drive everything though.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

benisntfunny posted:

You can do nice stuff with their butcher block countertops and some leg stands.

I've been leaning towards something like this with steel pipe legs. I love the old world industrial look and feel of butcher block with steel. Anyone have experience getting the pipes cut / threaded?

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander

.random posted:

TL;DR: I have a question regarding layout (both physical and logical), rather than a picture of my desk itself. I wasn't sure where to ask such a thing, but perhaps the experts in usable design in this thread can assist?

Super Long:
clusterfuck

Have you looked at http://synergykm.com/ for a solution to part of this? I have my work laptop on a docking station (closed atm but could be open) DVI'd to two 24" monitors. My gaming PC DVI'd to the third, my Macbook sitting next to the monitor on a lift stand, and it has a thunderbolt >HDMI cable to the 32" TV next to it. The gaming PC is hosting a WASD mechanical keyboard and the Logitech G602 mouse. I can copy/paste and move my mouse between all of the displays from left to right, fluidly. With everything up, I'm running 6 displays basically, and that's still shy because the gaming PC could be driving two more since it has a GTX 970 in it.

slightpirate fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
My bad - I got all scared by the big colorful picture you drew. I almost want to say an old school analog KVM would work best. cheap and easy to find.