Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

My name is Deckard Cain and I've come on out to greet ya, so sit your ass and listen or I'm gonna have to beat ya.

Bucket Joneses posted:

Here's my desk.

I recognize that desk as the Mikael from Ikea (I have it in black). I think I'm totally copying your cable management setup once I get back to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

My name is Deckard Cain and I've come on out to greet ya, so sit your ass and listen or I'm gonna have to beat ya.

XYLOPAGUS posted:

The desktop to the right is my girlfriend's now fixed p4. The thing underneath the deck keyboard is my IBM T23 and there's a model M hidden somewhere behind my monitor.

Click here for the full 1037x778 image.

EDIT: and to the right I mean to the left, it's the one connected to the toshiba TV.

How are those Deck keyboards?

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

I used to have one of the older CoolerMaster Stackers (different than the ones in the thread). It was huge, but all the components ran very cool on air (as opposed to running somewhat hot like they do in my newer, more normal sized case). It was a dream to work in, but I took it to a few LAN parties and it was a loving pain in the rear end. Casters helped a little bit, but I still had to carry it up stairs. I actually rode the thing down the sidewalk one time when I had the casters and amazingly, I didn't manage to break anything.

Never again will I own a case that huge though, it's just too much of a pain when you have to move it.

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

Click here for the full 1992x1803 image.

Sorry for the weird angle, my bedroom in my apartment at school is kinda small.

IKEA Mikael Desk

Custom-built Desktop:
CoolerMaster Mystique Case
Athlon 64 X2 4600+ AM2
4GB DDR2-800 RAM
Geforce 8800GTS 320mb
Samsung SyncMaster 220WM 22" LCD
Technics SA-GX490 Stereo Receiver + Pioneer Bookshelf Speakers
Sennheiser HD515 Headphones
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer DeathAdder Mouse

IBM Thinkpad R51
iPhone 3G
DS Lite
Dock for my lovely Kodak digital camera that took this picture

ErikTheRed fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 30, 2008

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

randyest posted:

Who wants rugs under a rolling chair and why?

Maybe he's suggesting rugs under the plastic mats to make it look nicer than a bare wooden floor.

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

randyest posted:

What's wrong with bare wooden floors? Lots of people spend a lot of money to get nice hardwood floors. Why cover them up with a rug?

I don't know I was just trying to interpret his suggestion.

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

^^^Hey there fellow old school G15 rockin' goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

If you're handy and have a workspace, router, sander, and saws, I'd say build it yourself. If not, I suggest the Ikea Vika system for something relatively low price that you can kit out to your liking.

Alternatively, the Gerton/Vika Byske is made to be wall-mounted, and includes the bracket. Bonus: actual wood (not necessarily a guarantee of all Vika products).

If you're looking for just a free-standing table/desk I'd suggest buying this Gerton table top http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50106773/ and picking out some legs/trestles that you like.