Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

My desk at the campus computer store I work at. Some of you may ask, but rubbersoul, why do you need two monitors? Well I will tell you, the one on the right is hooked to my MacBook which doesn't suck, and the one on the left is an old display we had sitting around hooked up to a rev. A craptacular Mac Mini the bastard child of Steve Jobs and Jeff Goldblum that runs windows better than OS X, which now runs the Digg swarm screensaver and plays movies/makes invoices when I sell things.

Multiple monitors is key to doing not much work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Swollen Member posted:

I was inspired by this thread to update my desk. New setup:

As you can see I'm still living like poo poo.

Synergy son, or if it's all mac just use teleport, it takes like .3 seconds to set up.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Click here for the full 1942x1300 image.

Desk Update: I'm a college student LIVING LIKE poo poo

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!
I'm running mine through and old monitor and then using the pass through on my signal cord to some old altec lansings.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

The_Original_OG posted:

Unfortunately, I had to disassemble the lego sets not too long ago. My cat likes playing with them too much. Oh well, at least it means I can make something badass.

Sup steelcase desk buddy :hfive:

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Sageabilly posted:

That's the shipping station. What you can't really see in this pic is on the end there next to the ladder is the packing peanut jacuzzi- 1'x3'x4' of packing peanuts. It's awesome and creepy if you stick your hand down into it.

I think I speak for most goons when I say we'd rather see the jacuzzi than the desk.

also good job recycling :haw: goons giving back!

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

WeakLad posted:

yeah, because only dirty, uncouthed, philistines use PCs right?

Hit it right on the head.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

ScaryFast posted:

Here's my desk at home.

What kind of desk is this and who makes it, I have the same one and I want more wire hanger things for it, but have no idea where to get them as I got the desk second hand.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

strwrsxprt posted:

Are you talking about these:

Because I just picked up a pair not too long ago. Ikea still sells 'em.

No they make little file folder hangers that go into the rows of holes that run up the sides of the desk.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

advion posted:

How hard is it to work with that depth of field every day? :iamafag:

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

I miss my Ikea Jerker, but my apartment came furnished.

Also anybody know of a good deal on a laptop stand? The basket I'm using isn't quite cutting it.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

PopeOnARope posted:

Plus, you have the whole extra issue of it being pressured if you use the laptop in bed. At least it keeps the cable from coming out of the jack as often, though (I'm looking at you, D830, who's power lead falls out if I so much as fart).

One thing I really miss (had this on my Inspiron 1500) are front "media" buttons. Volume up/down and mute where I can reach them (rather than ham-handedly mashing the loving power button) were great.

I really really wish Apple would farm out their magsafe adapter for this reason alone, I hate how laptops become worthless as soon as their lovely power cord becomes loose from the board.

Also to glorify Apple a little bit more, why in the flying gently caress doesn't Windows let you just assign global media keys to your f1-f12 keys, having my media player controls right there and instantaneous is one of the many reasons I think Apple does laptops just right.

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Juriko posted:

At the time? It was cheaper than most equivalent desks elsewhere and built like a tank. In a nuclear holocaust the Jerkers will remain in tact, gain sentience, and carry the torch of humanity.

Now? I have no clue. It is a solid desk but the value is kind of gone.

I have one, and while they're not the end all be all of desks, they are exceptionally well designed and engineered. They're expandable, large but not huge, and can be broken back down to flat for transporting. Plus the desk bit is all kinds of solid and the shelves are great for just about anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Crappy apartment supplied desk since my jerker and this one wouldn't fit, but the jerker is going up over the summer.