Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Melting Eggs posted:

Home sweet home.

What kind of keyboard is that?

edit : n/m its an Apple bluetooth wireless

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB167LL/A?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MTk2Mjg

does any one know if it would work on a PC?

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 4, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Anaconda Rifle posted:

My six monitors are better than your six monitors.

I would so do this if it didn't totally gently caress up cleartype. It's too bad they don't make monitors with the pixel's orientation rotated by 90 degrees. If you wanted to use the monitor in landscape mode for gaming or watching movies, the sub pixel orientation wouldnt affect the image quality.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 18, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

MrMoo posted:

Where's the Vesa mount from? Do you find the monitor too far back on the desk?

I got the mount from dell a couple years ago. They still sell it

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0455578

I think thats the same price I got it for too. I don't find the monitor to be too far back but then again I really only use that computer for playing videogames.

The arm can swing out forward though, but because of the way it articulates, if I extended it all the way I'd either have to shift the mount over to be more centered on the desk or look at the screen at an angle. Does that make an sense?

It's a pretty decent mount. The only thing I'd fault it on is how the last portion of the arm, which is connected to the monitor doesn't lock into place. And thats the part that rotates between portrait and landscape. So if I knock my desk the entire thing begins to slump down at a weird angle.

Just for reference, its holding up a Dell 2005WP

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 8, 2008

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

I posted my home set up earlier, so here is my work desk:

About 10 other people in the programming department got laid off recently, so I bought an extra video card and looted a couple monitors. The IT guys are always bitching at me about having 4 monitors but there are so many monitors laying around with no one using them so they can go gently caress themselves.

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 18, 2015

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Chopper posted:

Do you need all of those monitors for when you're compiling? :v:

It's actually annoying to try to use 4 monitors because you have to physically rotate your head to see all the screens. I don't even really use the right-most screen for that reason. The one thing I was looking forward to was playing UT2004 at 5120x1024 but it runs absurdly slow at that resolution. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

VirtualReality posted:

That's also good protection from getting fired. "drat, that guy has a lot of monitors, he must do some important poo poo, better not fire him"

You might be right. I got a very large raise today.