Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Pixel pusher and game maker.
Cables are an absolute mess, but I'm happy with this setup:

bredfrown fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Not pictured: I picked up an MX Master 3S to replace the Magic Mouse.

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

qsvui posted:

Why do you need both a standing desk and a footrest? Does the chair or desk not go low enough? Also, cool cat.

I’m short, and this desk doesn’t go low enough, so I have to raise the height of my chair to make up for it, lol
I’ve had the desk for a couple of years come April, and I’m thinking about upgrading :)

And also, she’s the best! She’ll be turning 15 in May :)

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Johnny Truant posted:

Where's a good place to look for sweet, huge mousepads like that? I should replace mine

Fake edit: here's my doofy orange girl learning with me during a presentation

I got this one from Omnitype. Their mats are great, and their prices aren't bad either:
https://omnitype.com/products/dmg-console-deskpad

Also, your cat is super cute! I love her color! :D

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

Nephzinho posted:

Love the controller button colors on the keycaps, awesome idea that I'm definitely not stealing.

Do it! It's fun! :)

I love making my tools more fun to use.

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

fawning deference posted:

A bit of a late response, but I am looking at standing desks and this one looks like exactly what I want. Which is it?

I was scrolling through this thread and I totally missed this. Probably way too late, but I didn't want to leave you hangin'!

Here is the desk I own, and I've had it for exactly three years now and have had zero problems with it.:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVRKCWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's what my setup looks like now:

bredfrown fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 18, 2024

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

I was gifted that SE/30 from my high school English teacher about 17 years ago, and I was able to get it restored last year with a brand-spanking-new rebuilt motherboard. It suffered a nasty "battery bomb" where the old lithium batteries essentially explode and damage the boards, lol.

Works great and I use it to write scripts for my game and some basic financial stuff and pixel art. :P

I love this little machine. :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bredfrown
Nov 2, 2022

muskrat posted:

Clean setup. What do you use the Macintosh for? Oregon Trail?

I like to use it for making little HyperCard games and stuff, and I also like to use it as a no-distractions writing machine. :)