Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

Main computer on the top of the desk on the left, and my HTPC under the desk, which connects to my big screen which is out of frame to the right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

Raluek posted:

Some of us like having highish resolution, fairly dense pixels, and not spending more than $35 for a monitor. I mean, my "nice modern gaming PC" cost me $300 or so, and you can barely get a half decent monitor for that nowadays.

I just helped a friend move and he abandoned 3 or 4 CRT's from 17" up to 20" because he has 2 LCD's now and I said "I'm not carrying those things"

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

Matlock posted:

I don't get the love for the Jerker. It's a generic quasi-industrial dorm desk with a bunch of optional modular parts that are kinda necessary if you want to make it acceptable. By the time you mess around with that, you could get a good desk.

No other desk I've found is as flexible as the Jerker. I had the desk surface at a good level for my old chair but when I bought a new one I realize it didn't go down as low as my old one did, so I raised the desk surface a few inches, problem solved.

And while there are a bunch of modular accessories you can get for the desk, you can make your own too. I bought mine with just the upper shelf and a monitor arm, and someone gave me some really nice pieces of thick wood that happened to be finished the same color so all I need to do is buy a couple nice looking angle brackets for each end and I can make my own shelves.

Also, when it comes to moving the desk you can just undo 4 bolts, loosen 2 and the very deep desk surface will pivot down to almost vertical for easy moving, or you can just take it off entirely so it's in 2 much lighter pieces. If Ikea was smart they'd either start making them again or come out with some anniversary edition or something stupid like that. They'd sell like hotcakes.

ScaryFast
Apr 16, 2003

I envy those of you with your own personal space at work. The 12 people in my department have always had to share 4 (now 5) cubicles. Not at the same time though, unless we have the summer student working, but I doubt we'll be able to do that with the tiny rear end cubicles we have now. These new ones are easily 1/3rd the size of the ones we had across the parking lot in another building.

Every single person in the building we work in now has their own similarly sized cubicle or a larger office all to themselves while our department gets shafted. I get if they were in charge of our funeral arrangements they would have us sharing a coffin.

Here's my desk at home.