Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

shookwell posted:

Built my wife a desk. The cabinets are from Lowe's and are the same as the kitchen. The desktop is a piece of marble that's the same as the kitchen counters. The tiles are similar to the kitchen backsplash but light instead of dark.

had the marble guy cut a couple of holes for wire management

desk + kitchen

Nice, you did a really good job. I like how well it mixes with the rest of the room, feels much more natural and comfortable I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

TheDK posted:

I got two workbench tops from home depot and some pipes to bolt on for legs. Turned out great and now I have a huge desk with tons of flat space to clutter up with toys and computer crap. The pipes ended up being the more expensive part and I could've used fewer of them to save on costs, but I'm really happy with it.

Dang, that's really nice. Good job.

Violator
May 15, 2003

benisntfunny posted:

Upgraded from my hosed screen iMac.

What second monitor are you using? I've been thinking about adding another one to my iMac 5k but have just started my research.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Cobalt Viper posted:

Apple got out of the display business a few years ago. I believe they recommend the LG version in all their official docs.

I’m pretty sure they announced through the press that they’ll be releasing a new monitor when they release the new Mac Pro sometime this year since the LG’s has so many issues.