Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Budgie posted:

Unironically requesting the badger wallpaper. It's great!

https://imgur.com/gallery/NAjnfyX

You know it's an old meme when the wallpaper only exists in 1024x768.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I love all y’all with life-consuming hobbies that have spouses or whatever that aren’t 100% into that poo poo themselves.

Find you a nerd and share Steam libraries, people. Gift each other consoles. It’s pretty fuckin rad not having to be all *~my wife~* when it comes to tech poo poo.

Video games: a life-consuming hobby

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

carry on then posted:

Are those christmas lights in that 9900k box?

Bioluminescent jizz

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

If you miss the old hosed up telephone handset cord days, you can relive them with this https://smile.amazon.com/Curlynet-Spiral-Coiled-Ethernet-Multiple-Lengths/dp/B082PJG26K

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

fyi there's a readable name and phone # on there

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

South posted:

It's an actual survivor from the early 70's. It was my grandfathers favorite chair to read in. As I grew up, it became my favorite to read in too. I inherited it after my grandparents passed. It's still my favorite chair to read in and it means the world to me, but I'd much rather have them back instead.

id choose a comfy chair over my dead grandparents but they'd be 115 and probably look like the crypt keeper

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

doesn't pointing the desk lamp down like that wash out the monitor color and make a glare?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

WTFBEES posted:

Get more desk.

those webcam lights seem like they'd be very annoying

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is there such a thing as a standing desk that I'm able to store in a closet?

What I really want - is a standing desk but I absolutely hate having it in my living room or bedroom. I cannot stand having my job in my daily life if I'm sleeping or watching television. The alternative is a bigger apartment but that's expensive.

Does such a thing exist?

The Husky table at home depot has a version with wheels, so maybe it would work if your closet is big enough https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-62-in-W-x-24-in-D-Adjustable-Height-Solid-Wood-Top-Workbench-Table-in-Black-HOLT62XDB12/301810799

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I have seen some microphone + arm combos. Looks like Blue Snowballs in black, plus boom arm?

I use the Elgato low profile arm, and I like it since I can keep it out of view of my video on conference calls. It doesn't have the same reach as the biggest boom arms though if you need it to go far.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Fully has the Jarvis L desk on sale right now. It's still $1100, but those desks are kind of niche.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Monoprice has an L kit for $350 without the desk tops, and you could pick up tops from somewhere like Home Depot. Their kit only has a 260lb capacity including the tops though, so you might have to be annoyingly careful with what you put on it.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Ah the Enlight 7237. I had one of these, I googled to make sure I was getting the model number right but because I’m a huge nerd I did get it right.

I had one too. I just remember the dumb lever on the bottom of the front panel that you had to pull to remove it so you could remove the side panels

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread, does anyone have a recommendation for VESA arms and mounts? My desk is only about 3 - 3.5' wide so I don't have enough room for two monitors, which would be really nice given I work from home. I'm thinking that if I had VESA arms I could position the monitors in a way that fits a bit better. Drilling into the desk is an option if need be, but there's a window behind my desk so wall mount won't work.

My wife has a 3.5' wide desk and uses dual 24" monitors on this Monoprice mount: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15525

It works fine but she never adjusts the monitor position so if you do that regularly then I'd pay for something nicer.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

ziasquinn posted:

oh yeah this thread exists

Get a low profile mic arm imo

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

What is a low profile mic arm? I also hate mine.

You can make the arm stay below your field of view when using monitors

Elgato makes one for $100 that I've liked fine

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

lol I used to use lynx 15 years ago to browse the forums at work so it looked like I was working

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Deviant posted:

That would also make the speakers close to 70" apart, which i guess isn't an issue but it feels odd to me.

its either that or crane your neck the same distance to look at your monitors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

The SA mart sell/buy feedback thread is still around from 2002 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=140694