Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Spike McAwesome posted:

but it gets unbelievably dirty, from dust and fingerprints and whatnot. I hate it.

I feel your pain!

Contribution.
I just "modded" my new core2quad with more cooling power and have, of course voided all warranty in doing so. It's been a fun evening with the Dremel though.

BiRD BoY fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Anaconda Rifle posted:

My six monitors are better than your six monitors.

I have no need in the world for such a setup but I'll be damned if I don't want it!

christrot posted:

why do you have a side window and blue light

It's my "modification" made last night. I added a 120mm fan, the one I had kicking around was an LED fan. I'm thinking of cutting the lights as it is a little too bright.

Bucket Joneses posted:

Why does it matter?
but also this.

BiRD BoY fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 7, 2008

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

KingJacob posted:

:woop:HP
I've added a second monitor (free from work) for poo poo I don't want on my main display but like to see: Music,BT client, system info, etc...

Ah gently caress, I labeled it too small... gently caress it

MW posted:

What's with the wings?

Flying laptop, Brah!

BiRD BoY fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 11, 2008

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

qlat posted:

Where did you get that desk and how much did it cost?

Don't do it. Glass desktops are the worst... unless you're ready for daily dusting :(

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!
Moved yesterday, changed my "L" shaped desk into two regular ones...

Not pictured are my DiNovo Mini and Aspire One; both are mostly on the coffee table behind the desk.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!
Added some new junk

MacBook + Bigger TV

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why do you have a separate laptop just for email and IM?
It's something I got used to at my old job when it had my work email on it and I brought it back and forth with me.

Juriko posted:

What is it like to redefine living like poo poo.
It's not fun but I just don't look down there.

Photex posted:

Google Synergy man, get rid of those keyboards and extra mice. Why do you use two laptops and two desktops?

There's one desktop with two monitors and one laptop is more or less stationary and is for communication (MSN, Skype, Outlook. etc.). The MacBook is my new portable, I got it to get to know OS a little bit better. All of this is clearly labeled in my picture. Besides, I love new toys.

I didn't label my DiNovo Mini or my Acer Aspire One.

I'll look into Synergy.

Phillyt posted:

All that expensive equipment and you use a chair for drummers or whatever.

I have a nice soft (fake)leather chair, it's just not pictured. The stool is my foot rest.

BiRD BoY fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 22, 2009

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!
Just grabbed a 24", so the 22" has become my vertical scroller. I didn't know how I'd feel about it, but I actually like it. A lot. Off to the left is my "DJ" station, where I pretend I know how to mix. Brown box is the last SSD (240gb Intel 520) to be installed in my THPC, and then all my OSes are on SSD.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Bucket Joneses posted:

Please tell me that stands for Tony Hawk's Pro Computer

heh, It don't. I'm just an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

Humphreys posted:

Yes I am a messy bastard. I've had this desk since I was 12 yet still love it too much to get something 'suitable' ie a lifting desk (I do have a lead on one for cheap though - it has lived a hard life with 9 monitors mounted so shall be good for me).

Behold the horror that is Humph!

I LOVE Synergy (when it doesn't freak out)

The old HP has survived a frisbee throw or two in its time ;)

Thanks for not making me feel too cluttered. I'm still very cluttered.