Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Raluek posted:

Yep, I live like poo poo.
This is kind of a "before" picture, it's as it is right now, but I'm trying to improve it. My plan is to get everything rackmounted (or on shelves) in that cabinet under the rightmost monitor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding
Consider making "throwing poo poo away" part of your plan, as well. gently caress.

This thread makes me want to clean my room...although I'll never have cables as neat as some people here have them. Printer, mouse, keyboard, monitor (which has 4 cables), Treo dock, speakers, external hard drive, power cables...BLEAH! All of that will never be anything but a rat's nest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Ikea seems to be pretty thoroughly hosed due to the pandemic.

As popular as the Ikea tabletop+file cabinets route is, there are better options out there imo. I recently got a pair of filing cabinets and a 71"x30" laminate desk top from a used office furniture dealer for ~$260 total. The cabinets were used, the top was new. They drilled a few holes through the cabinets for me and the top came with self-tapping screws, this thing ain't going anywhere.

This is the exact top I got, but I only paid around $100 for it, they've got a few other sizes, too. I've seen some other office furniture places and a few places online that carry this brand. It's a commercial desk surface and has kind of a plasticy finish, but feels extremely durable, I'm pretty happy with it.

I'd post a picture but it's completely covered in crap now due to working from home and not quite figuring out where to put some poo poo. :geno: