Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

After years of looking for a nicer chair I caved in and bought a (used) Aeron and now I feel like my setup is complete. Well, I'm still waiting for my actual deskmat (a group buy supposed to ship later this year) but this one's close enough.

You can probably guess from the astro-turf behind my desk that the room is more home gym than office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Josh Lyman posted:

How much/where did you get the used Aeron? I've been looking periodically on FB marketplace and all the Aerons are either overpriced or look run down.

I did get it from FB Marketplace and it may have been overpriced (AND a bit run down). Over the years I've seen plenty of size B for $5-600 CDN but they never had size C, so when I found one I paid 700$ for it because I didn't want to risk haggling and losing the chair. It's grey when I'd have preferred black and it shows its age a bit but it's so much nicer than my old racing/gamer chair that I don't mind. And after a bit of cleaning and oiling it still looks pretty good and all the adjustments work well.

And maybe (probably) it's because I'm used to garbage but the casters are so smooth!

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Ok, so, not very long ago I posted my desktop because I'd just bought a used Aeron and thought I had my endgame setup, but then things happened and pretty much everything changed and now I have a completely new setup:

When I got the Aeron it started to bother me that I couldn't fit my legs comfortably under my desk because of the drawer so I bought a new desk. Since the new desk had no storage space I got a matching file cabinet. In the process of building a computer for my girlfriend I ended up with an extra 1080p monitor so I traded my old portable screen for a portrait monitor. Since I had an actual second monitor I traded the 1440p Ultrawide for a 4k 16:9. I also upgraded my computer and ended up having to get a new case so for the first time in my life I put a tiny teeny bit of effort into RGB and cable management. Also since I'm waiting for a Wooting 60HE that's supposed to come early next year I got a few pieces of decorative pegboard, which is now holding my G915 that's been for sale on FB Marketplace for like a year (so weird, people will trip over themselves to buy my old Ikea furniture that's been through 6 moves and that I'm selling for 90% of the original price but won't buy my pristine electronics for half price...).

When the Wooting comes (and new switches for my F97; I got BadSeed's new tactiles that I'm really curious about! And also a deskmat that I ordered months ago that's supposed to arrive this year) THEN I'll definitely have my endgame setup!

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Does nobody else think that the never removed TV stickers give the thing a "take a picture for the upvotes and return this silly setup to the store" vibe?

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Since my breakup I had to move my home office from the corner of my home gym into the corner of my tiny apartment's living room, but I think it still looks decent:

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I see it all the time under different brands on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/JIALONG-Exten...C68&sr=8-6&th=1

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Food Boner posted:

I keep a cat scratcher pad in mine. The full tower is too big to fit in the space lol

I used to have the same kind of desk and when I first got it, my H510 would only fit if I squeezed the top in under the grate first then slid the bottom on the shelf. Then I switched to a Lian Li o11 and I had to drill new holes and move the top shelf up.

Speaking of, since my desk went from being in my basement home gym to being part of my living room I got tired of the "gamer" aesthetics so i got a cleaner-looking case (Fractal North), then junked the Amazon desk and went for the tried and true "countertop on cabinets" desk, exchanged my wired headphones for the horrifically overpriced, absolutely not worth it, please don't do this SteelSeries Arctis Pro, finally coughed up the cash for a proper low profile mic arm, got some brackets to hide the work laptop under the desk and finally did some semi-proper cable management (please don't look under the desk) and now I have something cleaner that doesn't bother me as much:

I'm still looking for a cleaner solution for the wireless charger (I would LOVE something under/through the desk but as far as I know those don't work with watches) and I might move the audio interface out of the way once I find settings that I like and I stop constantly fiddling with the knobs.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Nah, it's from a hardware store; I had a ton of leftover pegs/hooks/trays from another one I had in my shed so I wanted to make sure I could use them. I have a friend who has the Ikea one and it honestly looks pretty much the same and he has the same kind of stuff hanging on it (controller, headphones, keyboard) without a hitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
The portrait monitor is ace.

Real answer: They used to when they were wall-mounted but the desk mount that I have now can't really do that, or rather I'd need 6 inches of space behind the desk to bend the arms enough. It's also a bit jarring to go from 4k to 1080p and the gap helps a bit.

I kinda want to get a 27" (maybe 1440?) monitor to replace the portrait and make it a bit more useful but I feel like I'm over wasting my money, plus my mic arm barely fits under the 24" already and I'd have to move a ton of poo poo around to make my setup work if the arm can't fit under the portrait monitor.