Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

coldfire07 posted:

Jesus what the gently caress happened to this thread

Someone posted a link to it in a similar thread in GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

doubtful posted:

no, but do you think it adds to the composition?

this mouse works on glass and it's awesome.

the wallpaper is a picture i took, what size would you like?

ya it's just the one wall with wood, i don't really like it.

Awesome photo. Can I request it too? And push my luck for two sizes? 1920x1080 and/or 1280x1024

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

VelociBacon posted:

I worked from home last year with a work laptop, I highly recommend using a monitor splitter (with a button you press to decide if signal to monitor is from your PC or laptop) to get signal from the laptop to the monitors, and to use a USB switch so that you can use your keyboard and mouse to connect to the desktop. These were massive improvements for me.

I ended up not going for one of those because it seemed like a good one that supports a high refresh rate was stupid expensive? Either way you don't need that if your monitor has multiple inputs.

I have both my monitors connected to my pc and laptop dock. Both monitors have 2 inputs. I have the input selection on the monitors set to auto. When I turn off my pc and open my laptop the monitors switch to those inputs.

If you want both of them on for some reason just turn on the one you want the displays on first. As long as the display port currently active is being used it won't swap over. At least with my monitors.

I do have a cheap usb switch with a button to swap all my peripherals to whichever computer I'm using

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Nice, that looks like it'll avoid those little hiccups when the displays don't switch. Doesn't happen often but still. I'll have to keep an eye on it so I can try it when they start supporting apple silicon

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
My home server is headless. I do all my administration via terminal but I have a monitor in there because you will always end up needing local access at some point. It's a 10 year old lcd and I've actually been thinking of getting a tiny screen like that because the current one is ugly and too big for something that gets used maybe once a year or less.

So thanks for that link!

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Resdfru posted:

I ended up not going for one of those because it seemed like a good one that supports a high refresh rate was stupid expensive? Either way you don't need that if your monitor has multiple inputs.

I have both my monitors connected to my pc and laptop dock. Both monitors have 2 inputs. I have the input selection on the monitors set to auto. When I turn off my pc and open my laptop the monitors switch to those inputs.

If you want both of them on for some reason just turn on the one you want the displays on first. As long as the display port currently active is being used it won't swap over. At least with my monitors.

I do have a cheap usb switch with a button to swap all my peripherals to whichever computer I'm using

I have an m1 Mac and last I checked none of those monitor control apps worked unfortunately but luckily you don't really need it if you just set the displays to auto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

well why not posted:

weird thing to bump the thread about, but going back to the first dozen pages is amazing; there's square monitors, polycarb macbooks, all sorts of silver era charm.

when I found this thread I went through every page and enjoyed the trip through time