Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

My new workstation! I got a 5 year old Ikea Galant off Craigslist for $40. The best part was that I transported it in a EF Honda Civic hatchback. Lets just say it was a cramped car ride back. I wish I had a picture with it inside my car.

I know the extension table is suppose to be on the other side, but it's a left corner desk. Once I move into a house this fall for school, I'll fix the extension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

AEMINAL posted:

Cable hell

Whaddya guys think?

I like the desk. Is there any windows in your room? Seems so dark

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

root beer posted:

LIVING IN poo poo at the (unusually dirty) office:

As a developer, I pretty much lost my ability to function without those mounts within the first 3 days of having them. :v:

Digging your neighbor's kleenex. Does he stay late at the office usually?

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

titaniumone posted:

Why are you sitting 3-4 feet from a 3-way floor standing speaker? They are going to be utterly wasted being that close to your seat

should have gotten http://www.dali-speakers.com/loudspeakers/opticon/opticon-2/

Unless you're a big audiophile, who cares? As long as it sounds good to you. Sweet set up.

Especially if there's a couch behind that set up and the user uses the big TV on top.

If I lived in a secluded neighborhood where neighbors couldn't hear a pair of floor standing speakers, I would own a pair too. My parents have one at home and they sound so much better then the pair of monitor speakers I have.

edit: just noticed the subwoofer. drat living in the city sucks.

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 5, 2016

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Elsa posted:

EVE Online mostly

This is amazing. I thought my set up was a little over the top.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Elsa posted:

it's the replacement screen for a broken iPad... 2500 x 1500 resolutions (roughly I forget ), cheap ($65) per screen ($35) per adapter.uses 5v power which is already supported in several ways in your motherboard.

And then there's the scaling. With the right card you can push four of these plus 2 more DVI outputs for a total of 6 monitors per card

With a motherboard limit of two of such cards , you could have a setup of 12 screens from what seems like any old desktop rig.

The dimensions of the retina displays are the same as the iPad Retina you are familiar with. You can fit several of them in close proximity to your face.

They're engineered by apple to be great color production, and clarity IPS panels with excellent light production.

All told, along with basic EE know-how (such as soldiering and Volts and Amps) you can build this unit for less than $100 a unit.

I don't think I would've gone this route just due to the multiple monitor headache anyways but drat it's amazing someone did.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

During the hours of sunset and later? Yes.

Or stop using your computer altogether around sunset every day.

Or keep using it and screw up your circadian rhythm.

Those are pretty much your three choices. Like it or not you're going to have to make one of them, voluntarily or not.

Or you can be a normal human being and take an hour of your day to go to the gym so you'll be tired enough to fall asleep normally.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

Then I assume you've pre-ordered Logitech's G613 keyboard!!!!!!

They need to make a numpad less mech keyboard that feels like cherry mx browns and I would buy it instantly

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

TTerrible posted:

I'm sure ColHannibal is a fine upstanding goon but the colour coordinated fidget spinner made me think of /r/mechanicalkeyboards the entire thing annoys me on an irrational level. :qq:

Relax, it's a hobby. I have five pairs of retro Jordan's, I don't need more then one pair but here I am. People like to spend money on things they enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I don't have desk space for a nice mic but I appreciate people who do have them when using VOIP