Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004
- Headset is Corsair HS-1
- Keyboard is Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
- Mouse is Razer DeathAdder
- Monitors are ASUS VW246H
- Speakers are Logitech Z-2300

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

What kind of cocoa?

Nice eye. Unfortunately nothing fancy, Nestle or Swiss Miss I think (can't remember what it was).

But thanks for the reminder. Time to make a cup here at work.

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

7lip posted:

Wires everywhere!

Netbook not hooked up to monitor, I have a tower PC as well.

Why 2 mice?

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

7lip posted:

The little one on the right is for the netbook.

Have you tried using Synergy (or similar), or do you just like to keep them separate?

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

Swiss Miss? Scrub.

You're going have to just fill the cup with marshmallows.

Yeahyeahyeah. Finding some better brands is on my list of to-dos. Recommendations?

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

ILikeVoltron posted:

What desk is that?

Ikea Fredrik as someone said, but without the top part. I have the same one. You can put your cables in that little cable shelf.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60111123/#/60115989

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

SevenSocks posted:

According to one of the few other friends I have who's into computers, my monitor setup is an affront to the computer gods. To me it's just a place to stick a few gadgets, iTune's, and windows explorer. I usually like to run a clean shift when it comes to workspace, but once stuff starts collecting on my desk it takes a while to go away.

Here's my computer in back along with it's main cooling unit. People keep telling me it's just going to be blowing all that hot air back at it, but it's really just blowing it out the window behind me, and acts as an impromptu heater which is kind of a necessity up here.

Is that some variant like the VW246H? Get another so they match, and mount them on this: http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Monitor-Stand-clamp-monitors/dp/B002R9HQLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349152612&sr=8-1&keywords=dual+monitor+stand

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

SevenSocks posted:

Expensive looking speakers, cut foam packing stands. Crafty. Dual widescreen monitors in portrait orientation for maximum eBook. Also crafty.

Given the classy speakers, music stand, and name-escapes me audio device in the bottom right I take it you're a music kind of person.

Also, is that webcam a C615 or similar? I was planning on buying a refurbished one to hang in the hall outside my door so I can monitor the often loud goings on. :tinfoil: and wanted to know how good of a camera it is. Scale of 1 - 10

Don't recognize the speakers but the monitors, mouse mat and keyboard are all nice. This person knows what to buy.

Is that a Gnome desktop I see too?

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004
Just refreshed my input devices. Digging the keyboard and mousepad -- haven't used tenkeyless before.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

Chinatown posted:

New curved displays and mount + recently purchased peripherals.

I had to upgrade since "going out" is no longer a thing.

Looks great. What lighting is this?

excellent bird guy posted:

edit: today i learned the difference between [timg][/timg] and [timg][/timg]

my friends in the synthesizer thead suggested I post here
I upgraded today by putting my back against the wall.

What are you running on the Thinkpad? Looks like an old school console... OpenBSD?

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004
Work laptop on the left. Americano in the cup. Recently switched to wireless mouse and nerded out by adding the Firefly V2 mouse mat (why not?). Also added the RGB backlighting a few months ago.

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm pretty happy with my new setup! I had been using two 24" asus monitors, but the bezel was really thick so I felt like I was always turned either left or right and I couldn't just sit in the middle. Even though I'm not a streamer I opted to do the "streamer" setup with one monitor in portrait. I'm really loving happy with it, but I'm open to suggestions (I'm considering getting an arm and letting me do a "stacked" setup and get rid of my desk lamp).

Also please ignore the towel, it's temporary until I get a curtain for that loving window

which keyboard is this? nice looking setup

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

I bought some K&M speaker stands and Aiyima A07 stereo amp, so I could use a spare pair of speakers with my PC. Now I have to figure out what to do with my 2nd display, since it did not fit anymore. Maybe a larger desk? :v:

Also why I always buy a bit too short cables. I had to move my case forward a bit, and the monitor's HDMI cable was too short :argh:

Some day I should buy a mini rack for the headphone amp, stereo amp & mic thingy, like this: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/hifi-stands/topping-sr2-hifi-rack-3-levels-aluminum-289-x-238-x-188mm-black-silver-p-16813.html

clean setup. what taskbar is this? I can't seem to center the start button with taskbarX

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I would love to have real plants but mine are all plastic. My youngest cat is drawn to them like moth to flame - no matter what. She normally never jumps on counters but we learned if we bring a plant home she's up there trying to munch it. Great workspace!! I used to have that monitor - it's solid!

I know the feeling. I have to strategically place mine, and the cats still find a way to chomp them... Still planning to add some more real plants, we'll see how that goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muskrat
Aug 16, 2004

bredfrown posted:

I was scrolling through this thread and I totally missed this. Probably way too late, but I didn't want to leave you hangin'!

Here is the desk I own, and I've had it for exactly three years now and have had zero problems with it.:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GVRKCWP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's what my setup looks like now:

Clean setup. What do you use the Macintosh for? Oregon Trail?