Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
My Steelcase Leap laughs at your Aerons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

repeating posted:

here's mine, pardon the steam update window. I just got finished with reformatting and reinstalling everything because my anti-virus decided to stop updating without giving a me a single status update or error for about 7 months before I tried reinstalling it. By then, it was too late.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Edit: above me there, much love for the Cheddar Cheese flavored Maruchan instant noodle soup mix thing. Those kick rear end. They kinda make you wanna die after a couple months of living off them out of sheer poverty, though.

Actual desktops. Not computer desktops!

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

If you're in the market for an expensive but nice office chair, I would also recommend that you look at the Steelcase Leap. About the same price as the Aeron but the design is several years younger. I've never sat in an Aeron, but I'm very happy with the Leap - so much so that I bought one for my bedroom Xbox gaming/computer use on top of the ones we got for the home office.

Of course you should always actually sit in and play with the settings on any thing like this before you fork over your cash!

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

volkadav posted:

Has anyone reading this thread owned/used an Herman-Miller Aeron, Steelcase Leap/Think/Amia, Humanscale Freedom or similar, speaking of chairs?

I sit on a Steelcase Leap, and I'm very happy with it. I haven't sat in an Aeron so I can't comment on what they're like, but my research when I was looking into chairs was that that the Leap was a more up-to-date attempt at trying to do the same kind of thing. It's not OMG cool pellicle mesh or whatever but a lot of the reviews said that Aerons can tear up your clothes and stuff and I don't mind sitting on a cushioned base.

At first Dad said "no loving way am I spending AUD$1200 on an office chair" (we work from a home office), but I convinced him to at least sit in one before he decided. So he did, and after a few minutes he was happy to order 2 of them. I also ordered one for my bedroom at the same time. So I'm pretty much in a Leap all day, from work to using my PC/360 at night.

It's not like you orgasm every time you sit down which is the impression many Aeron users seem to give about their chairs, but it's comfortable (the best way I can describe it is that I don't find myself conscious of the chair throughout the day, which surely means it's comfortable), very adjustable (layback stop, layback tension, lumbar support height, lower back support tenson, armrest height, positioning forward/back, twist inwards/outwards), and has about an 8 year warranty I think.

Regardless of which brand you go for, personally I think you'd be an idiot to shell out that kind of money for something you haven't yet sat in.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

modeski posted:

Bit of a long-shot, but can any Aussie goons here recommend an Australian retailer where I can get a really nice, large desk from? Not Harvey Norman/Ikea etc, and definitely not pine, oak or any traditional/grainy wood. Something big, black/white and designer, basically.

I'm building a house with a kick-rear end study visible from the family room, so it basically has to be a feature piece. For the sake of argument, let's say price really isn't an issue.

I've never seen anything that fantastic, everything is very office-y, though I've not been shopping for anything designer.. Have something custom-built by a cabinet maker, perhaps? Where are you located?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Save up for longer, buy a better chair and only have to do it once?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Juriko posted:

I can't. My current chair is falling apart and I work at it a lot, and I just can't budget 900+ dollars on chair right now

Fair enough then!

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Raikiri posted:

Centre metering, it's getting the exposure from the screen which is by far the brighest thing in the shot.

Metering off the brightest thing in the shot is going to make the rest of it darker, so I'm not sure that's what happened here..

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah, looking at it again I was wondering if some heavy-handed levels work was done on both ends and that's what has caused the exposure we see here..

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Handen posted:

I cranked the exposure up a bit in photoshop to get anything from under the desk, and sharpened it a bit hence the grain. Looking into the camera settings, it was set at max contrast so now I know. v:shobon:v

What sort of camera?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Handen posted:

It's a Polaroid i1236. I had a Nikon Coolpix L12, an absolute dream as far as point and click digital cameras go, but I killed it by accident at a concert. When they wouldn't replace the busted lens under warranty, I got the Polaroid for christmas. It's a... neat... camera... But seems to have infinitely more settings than it should. There's no perfect point and shoot mode. :(

Bummer. =-/

Interesting that you tried to claim a breakage at a concert on warranty - I hope you weren't surprised when they turned that down.. :P Does that sort of thing often fly over in the US? I wouldn't even bother asking under those circumstances!

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Another recommendation for the Leap here. We bought two for the office and I bought a third for use in my bedroom, so currently I pretty much spend my entire sitting time every day in a Leap. I love mine, however despite this I wouldn't recommend anyone shell out that kind of money for a chair without sitting in it first and seeing that it can be adjusted to their liking. There is too much personal preference involved to just buy one sight unseen IMO.

Also I don't know what this talk about lack of lumbar support etc. is all about - not only can I adjust the height of my lumbar support, I can adjust how firm it is, which seems to me like pretty adjustable lumbar support.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

That's a window.. and it's probably because of that tiny piano hahaha

I think it's actually because of the knob on the window frame which looks like a doorknob..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

The Third Man posted:

CoD, katanas, real guns, action figures, anime dolls, and what looks like some japanese skin mags. This one is a real winner.

I suspect those guns are actually airsoft.