Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Just cleaned:

Click here for the full 1081x960 image.

Messy cables behind:

Click here for the full 768x1024 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Is there any consensus on using a yoga ball for a chair?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker
Not to derail, but I remember a thread like this a few years ago where goons posted their messy rooms. That trash pile reminds me of one picture where the desk/computer was in a basement/cave, and to the right of it was dirt and darkness. Does anyone have this picture handy?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

HalloKitty posted:

fixed huge images
Well my memory sucks, but thanks so much for these.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

TheMadMilkman posted:

If I hadn't gone for a sit-stand desk, I would have gone for a gladiator.

How's the SmartDesk working for you? Do you stand all day? Have you noticed improvements to your health? Any problems with it?

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

TheMadMilkman posted:

Overall it's working out really well. I stand for at least 2 hours a day. I don't find standing all day to be particularly comfortable, but the 2 hours definitely helps my posture. I'm not slouching as much as I used to. I will say that my upper back ached for the first two weeks while I adjusted to standing so much.

The issues that I've had are minor and easily dealt with. I'm over 6'4", and the single motor desk gets just high enough for me (like it couldn't be more perfect), but the standard dell monitor stands didn't allow enough height adjustment to be comfortable -- I was stuck looking down at the monitors. I ended up with a metal monitor platform to get an extra 5" of height, which put the screen up to a comfortable height.

The desk does have some wobble at full height, which is expected. It's particularly bad if the keyboard is right at the edge of the desk. But push the keyboard in 4-5 inches and the wobble is reduced substantially.

I tried an amazon basics dual monitor arm at first. It only gave about 2" of extra height, which wasn't enough, and the screen wobbled horribly.

The only other thing to note is that cabling really needs to be thought out if you keep your pc on the floor.

While I don't think that everyone needs a standing desk, if you have back issues I would highly recommend it. After the initial adjustment time, I've had noticeably less back pain.

I would also get an ultra wide monitor instead of two screens, since readjusting the two screens to line them up perfectly gets old really quickly.

Thank you! Just ordered a 70".

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

cage-free egghead posted:

That reminds me of the weird and disgusting rooms that goons have. Anyone have that link?

I don't have the link, but I do have this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

Yam Slacker

OpaqueEcho posted:

I don't like wires.

What soundbar is this?