Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nail
Jul 15, 2005

I want to get a full tower and make two computers inside it :v:

Mudflap McDirt posted:

НЕГРАМОТНЫЙ тот-же СЛЕПОЙ
всюду его ждут неудачи и несчастья.
:eng101:
:rus101:

nail fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 12, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nail
Jul 15, 2005

pr0zac posted:

Goodwill usually gets my old boxes. Mainly cause they are a block away as opposed to having to drive to the nearest electronics recycler.
I'd like to encourage this. I volunteer at my nearby non-profit and they are always short on usable gear to sell. There's a computer there now that's not worth working on because there's no monitor to include with it. Meanwhile some stores I've seen have tons of monitors and no computers. Poor people need computers too!

nail
Jul 15, 2005

icarus posted:

My friend used to be a sorter at Goodwill and he said that anything that could be over $20 was supposed to get sent away for the higher-ups to sell on eBay. If you're just looking to get rid of some computers, Goodwill is fine, but don't fool yourself into thinking it's a donation to the poor.

If there's a Free Geek in your area, I recommend that place for your old computers.
It's not a "donation", per se, but it's still a good thing. A poor family can drop $100 (what my store--not Goodwill, but a non-profit whose proceeds go to STD testing and education--charges for a complete, capable system, at my advice) on a computer, but $500--about what Dell or any other OEM/store/website that sells new equipment--is too much. Freegeek looks pretty cool, but let's face it: a low-income/undereducated family or individual is not going to be aware of that, or even necessarily eBay. They are going to look in a local thrift store if anything.

nail fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 16, 2008

nail
Jul 15, 2005

Ghosts posted:

Some people like nice looking things
If you look at his picture, it is pretty nice. You can make bare wood look quite good if you know what you're doing.

nail
Jul 15, 2005

It's Fast,
It's Easy,
It's FREE,

AOL 5.0!

See Inside...

nail
Jul 15, 2005

Oneiros posted:

It's just a cheap hack I threw together until I think of something better.
What could be better?

Sandwiches_Time posted:

I just searched Google for "MacBook stand" before I read this, hoping there was some product that did this. You should really sell these things on eBay or something. I'd buy one.
There's one born every minute...

nail
Jul 15, 2005

hobolooter posted:

wtf man, you took a picture of your desktop and left the good stuff out??? I wanna see that mac! :cool:
Is there some way other than size and black border on the later models in which one flat panel iMac looks different from another?

quote:

also from the looks of it you are living in the most poo poo.
I'd give that to nobunny. But anyway, who cares? Why can't people accept that some live differently than they do? If this is a joke, it's really tired. It was by page 2. "Living like poo poo" isn't like being a neonazi or immensely stupid and it doesn't need to be incessantly harped on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nail
Jul 15, 2005

Corbet posted:

I know everyone is showing off their huge amazing desks but can someone recommend a small desk that will only hold a 15" Laptop and possibly an external Harddrive?
I think of a drawing/drafting table. They're usually about 24" x 36", 30" x 40", those kinds of sizes.