Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
I got a couple of machines, all with 19" monitors, left to right : standardized HW for support, development machine, day to day stuff, filez.

There's also 2 other machines running in my office, and 5 spares of various models for parts...and a dart board :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Dyscrasia posted:

You need some Synergy man!

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

Got it, I just don't always have all the machines on, so I leave the kb&mouse on the desk.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

hippieman posted:

For some reason my iPhone takes really over exposed pictures. It's actually clear and sunny out the window with a view of the Brooklyn Bridge and a tall Verizon building.
LOL, nice iPhone bashing! Now go read up on dynamic range...

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

hippieman posted:

I'm not trying to bash, I love the iPhone, I'm an iPhone developer. For some reason mine takes lovely pictures. I think I got something on the lens that I can't get off.

If I use someone else's it comes out really clear.

But you'll never expose indoors and outdoors in the same shot because of the extreme difference in brightness. On any camera. (of course unless you use a flash, or a 2 exposure tone mapping)

I'd say your picture was exposed properly to show you desktop, but to someone who knows nothing, it could be seen as "ZOMG something the iPhone can't do!".

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
lovely pic of my new home setup:

6'x3' SLAB of a desk
dual Dell 2001fp on the desktop, and a Dell 1908 on my vmware'd router/media player
(this was in the setup phase, I now have both speakers, and only 1 keyboard/mouse)

Bonus shot of my work desk (same size) with a 2001fp and three 17" (I'm OCD with window management:

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Modern Pragmatist posted:

How do you not get pissed off when your mouse gets stuck in between screens due to the differing resolutions of each monitor. I always have to plan my multi-monitor setups with the same vertical dimension on each monitor and the same vertical resolution.

The bottom edges are aligned, and it's actually nice having the top of the middle one not: I can just slam the cursor up there to hit the close button on a window without flying over onto the next screen. I tried it aligned at the top, but it bothered me to no end the first day. 2nd day I put them like this and I really like it.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

UserNotFound posted:

Updated my home setup: got an LG 32LH40 for a monitor/bedroom TV on my desk, and moved my lamp. This is pretty average for desk clutter, minus the dusting rag, and dinner plate.

The 32" screen looks MUCH bigger in person, and because it's an IPS panel the color is good enough for my photo work, and the viewing angle is good enough that there's no problems viewing from about 45 degrees off center from my bed. DirecTV2PC is great, so I don't have to mess with another box and cables on my desk :D

UserNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jan 6, 2010

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

blanksuspect posted:

Hello keyboard and mouse buddy!

I just recently removed the front bit from my keyboard as my elbows have been killing me. My chair doesn't go high enough to achieve the proper 90 degree angle when I use the arm rests. Have you found any issue with that at all?

Besides that, this is probably the best keyboard I've ever used and find myself handicapped when using any non-ergonomic keyboard.

No problems here, I usually have my elbows on my chair arms. It's the perfect angle to keep my wrists straight and my upper body VERY relaxed. I hate using a laptop in my lap after going ergonomic, but I tolerate normal keyboards just fine still otherwise.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Imipolex G posted:

How's the text sharpness? Are you happy with how it works as a monitor? It's very tempting...

It's pretty darn good, I'd have to say. I was unsure when I bought it, but I'm not disappointed in any way. I like it better than my Dell 2001fp's i've been using for quite some time. I think that red text isn't as sharp as other colors, but that just might be because i'm using pretty much default settings aside from a warm color temperature.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

neka posted:

Are those KRK monitors?

$50 sony bookshelf speakers from circuit city. :smugdog:
With a 10" sub, and on a proper Kenwood receiver, it's more than adequate for the bedroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

strayan posted:

Are you sure it's IPS? I thought Hitachi and Panasonic were the only ones selling that sort of panel in TVs.

I mean, you could have easily looked this up or something: https://www.lge.com/us/products/documents/lg_he_lcd_ss_32lh40.pdf

The entire line of LG's 2009 LCD's over 32" are 120hz+ and s-IPS, I believe.