Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Those things on the right are my Zune, cell phone, and PSP, respectively. I've got my laptop on one of those proppy-uppy things from Targus, partially for comfort and partially for airflow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

delslo posted:

This was the sign that greeted me at my desk when I first got here. That was over 3 months ago and it's still here. Oh well

Whoever wrote that has nice handwriting :)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

delslo posted:

It's an architect thing... they all write that way. I think it's some sort of standard or they have to take classes in school for it. I'm not complaining, it does look good and it's easy to read.

I should take one of those classes. My handwriting hasn't changed since I was about ten.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

kri kri posted:

I don't understand the cabling in this entire thread. Please everyone get a loving duster and some velcro ties.

Some of us don't give a poo poo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ashleet posted:

Forgive the mess.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

American Gods is incredible.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gvaz posted:

Why aren't you using a Model M and why do you have such a small screen Oetker? Your PC Gaming cred is crumbling :colbert:

Nice clean setup though.

Actually that is a Model M

Weedle
May 31, 2006

HalloKitty posted:

fixed huge images

Every time I see this I think it's kind of cool in a really horrible way.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Horace posted:

You people with your Ikea desks and kitchen countertops... you know desks are just four bits of wood nailed together, right? The one I posted earlier, I made myself in less than 15 minutes from scrap wood and it cost nothing.

hmm sounds like you're LIVING LIKE poo poo

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Misogynist posted:

I thought people used dirty socks for that, I've never heard of a real person using tissues

Tissues are way too thin to have any beneficial effect during the clean-up phase

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Misogynist posted:

Forgive me if I'm mistakenly speaking for the whole forum but I sincerely believe that this is a thread about desks and nobody here actually gives a poo poo about your ricer lights and perhaps you should do something like lurk before posting

I wanted to say the same thing but I didn't want to sound like a dick

but yeah nobody gives a poo poo what your pc specs are or how many neon lights you've got in there

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Yeast posted:

Too many goons live in caves.

That's a ridiculously high-resolution monitor. I don't think I could use that.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Peter Ugsly posted:

weird... isn't parsing the image properly

Don't use ImageShack

Weedle
May 31, 2006

emotion SDK posted:

This is my room in the aprtments on campus. Tiny rear end desk, but I love the pullouts and drawers.

Rock Tumbler posted:

Don't use ImageShack

Weedle
May 31, 2006

repeating posted:

Edit: above me there, much love for the Cheddar Cheese flavored Maruchan instant noodle soup mix thing. Those kick rear end. They kinda make you wanna die after a couple months of living off them out of sheer poverty, though.

That sounds really good but I am afraid I would instantly gain 200 pounds when I took a bite

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Super Dude posted:

How do you guys live with nothing but a keyboard and mouse on the desk, and a bare white wall behind it? Is the rest of your house/apartment like that with absolutely nothing on it? I feel like you guys are robots.

^^^ I have that same amp!

It's actually a really nice, clean feeling to have only a few things out at any time, and everything else put away where you can get it when you need it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

IUG posted:

Hell, just trying to put a CD in must be a pain in the rear end unless you have an external CD/DVD/etc drive.

HONEY

HONEY

COULD YOU TURN THE COMPUTER ON

NO THE OTHER ONE

gently caress NEVER MIND I'LL DO IT

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What keyboard is that?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Fists Up posted:

They have banana stands? That seems awfully pointless. Its not like my bananas get crushed from their own weight....AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE BANANA

THERE'S ALWAYS MONEY IN THE BANANA STAND

Weedle
May 31, 2006

qball posted:

Just added some new equipment to my office.

New couch and desk. Rack has NAD surround receiver, 2x1Tb drives, DVD player, Mac Mini, MOTU 8Pre.

The Raddest Office

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Lediur posted:

Not the type of webcam.

The positioning.

It's slightly to the left.

edit: Are those 24" Cinemas or 30"?

Presumably it has to be attached to a monitor rather than floating in space between them

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zuffox posted:

your triceps perpendicular to your triceps

That sounds painful :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ab0z posted:

good question

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Sir Nigel posted:

Or get two 28-32" tall file cabinets and go to Lowes/Home Depot and get an exterior door blank. Boom instant desk.

You should avoid Home Depot if at all possible because they discourage unionization among employees okay I'll go back to LF now

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Nutt Hogg posted:

My mom had one for years and years, it was just a door resting on top of two half-height file cabinets. There may have been some simple velcro holding the door to the file cabinets, too.

It was enormous and heavy but it fit her needs perfectly and it was exactly what she wanted. Then when she wanted it gone, it was a door and 2 file cabinets

This is what I do in my office. It works really well.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Zwille posted:

Is there a dog under that sheet

Weedle
May 31, 2006

allcowseatgrass posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic. Im just giddy that I have the most understanding wife in the universe since this is in our bedroom.

Nobody gives a poo poo about your computer specs

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Steakandchips posted:

Home desk:

Click here for the full 1229x922 image.

Edit: didn't want to break tables...

What keyboard is that?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Steakandchips posted:

The home desk's keyboard in the foreground is:

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/keyboards/7g/information

The one behind the monitor is a dell.

Dang, are these available anywhere in a US layout?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

SH/SC: DrillChat 2009

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Victor Nightingale posted:

Everybody at my office has an Aeron and within the first two weeks after somebody starts we have an ergonomics consultant come by, talk to them about the work they do (most of us are just coders spending the whole day typing in terminals) and where they have pain or discomfort. The consultant then orders any ergonomic hardware needed for the person; all costs are paid by the company with no questions asked.

It's really appreciated. I don't have that many problems but I know that having somebody looking out for me will meant that I can keep doing this job pain-free instead of getting carpal tunnel/RSI by the age of 30 and being completely worthless at my career.

My work desk is a door laying sideways across a pair of cabinets. It sucks

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Obviously I spend most of my computer time not at a desk, but this is how it's set up when I am.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Edmond Dantes posted:

How are you guys handling your headphones cables? I got a hook to hang mine under my desk, but my dac (which sits on the desktop since it has the volume control) has the jack output at the front, so the cables run over the desk, and are starting to annoy me.

Bluetooth :c00lbert:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

AlternateAccount posted:

How do you spend whatever that keyboard costs and then have a lovely pack-in OEM mouse?

I like that model of mouse. I’ve used them for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

i like the ease of access to the printer, so it can quickly be picked up and carried several miles

you already made this joke