Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

From a month or so ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I'm not sure what's worse, having diabetes or using an ergonomic keyboard.

Diabetes, for sure.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

MW posted:

For the record, I don't care about cables, but many of the posted photos have visible thick layers of dust on everything. How you can let it progress to that state and not even care when taking a photo is beyond me.

I don't think anyone really invites company over and says "hay wanna watch me use the computer in my room??" So, if the user is the only person using it, and the user doesn't care about cleanliness, what's the point in spending time doing something utterly useless like dusting more than once a year?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Wheelchair Stunts posted:

What methods are available for folks who are trying to get rid of obsolete equipment that they feel wouldn't sell on eBay/CraigsList? I figure that regular dumps wouldn't take them due to the heavy metal ( :black101: ) content and such.

Might find the discussion here (from earlier this week) useful:
http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/08/08/12/1117221.shtml

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

My parents' basement 6 months ago:

ColdPie posted:

From a month or so ago

My townhome's second floor today:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006