Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
New rule for the mma threads -

If people agree to do an avatar/plat/whatever bet on the outcome of a fight, welchers get probated for a month. Essentially a mini :toxx:

Also, if people betting avatars want to specify a length of time the loser has to keep theirs before buying another one, this will also be enforced via probation.

fatherdog fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
PSP's MMA threads have had a long and robust tradition of calling bad posts bad posts, and calling the people making them bad posters. I am in no way against this tradition and in fact wish it to continue, as it makes my job considerably easier and I am dreadfully lazy. However, I do want to establish something that I have often noted in threads when this occurs as an official rule:

Because many of both our regulars and newbies are either stupid, habitual substance abusers, or brain-damaged even by the standards of SA forums, please make sure you explain WHY a post and/or poster are bad when you are calling them out. By way of example:

quote:

This post is poo poo and you are a moron.
^^Not Okay.

quote:

This post is poo poo; nearly everything you said about Alves record is untrue and even a brief glance at wikipedia would have told you so, and also "milquetoast" doesn't mean "boring", you moron.
^^Okay, And In Fact Encouraged.

The first post, while satisfying, adds little to the discussion; the second continues the conversation and stands the (admittedly slim) chance of someone actually learning something.

Exceptions will probably be made for really exceptionally stupid or inflammatory posts, but in general, please try to adhere to these guidelines.