Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Could also be the Bedlam games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE-8c7S7UrE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yes! It was this one precisely! Thank you!!!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

where's the ring

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!

Hannibal Rex posted:

Back in the very early nineties, a friend of mine had a shareware? RPG? on his Mac. You were breaking out of a hospital or mental Institution; I think you were supposed to be a psycho killer. You had options to Punch or Kick in combat. One of the first weapons you could find was a syringe that would instant-kill one enemy. One of the first enemies was a cop you could kill for his pistol.

we never got very far, but I would really like to know what that game was.

Was it in black and white? Sounds like Psychotic! The Escape.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It was a Pokémon clone from around 2000. You could pick a girl or boy character. You viewed your character from an isometric point of view, moving through a maze with GameBoy Pokémon-like encounters. I'm pretty sure the floor was blue, maybe water, and the walls organic, might've been reeds. I don't remember any of the "Pokémons", besides one that was just a huge carrot, and really strong for whatever reason. The game may have been freeware, certainly shareware.

E:

Oh, and another might've been a tornado-monster? I think?

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 19, 2017

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

THE BAR posted:

It was a Pokémon clone from around 2000. You could pick a girl or boy character. You viewed your character from an isometric point of view, moving through a maze with GameBoy Pokémon-like encounters. I'm pretty sure the floor was blue, maybe water, and the walls organic, might've been reeds. I don't remember any of the "Pokémons", besides one that was just a huge carrot, and really strong for whatever reason. The game may have been freeware, certainly shareware.

E:

Sounds like dragon warrior monsters 2.

e: which wasn't free or shareware but sounds spot on otherwise

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Ah, no, I should've specified it being on the PC, and most likely not a retail title.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
There was this online game which had traffic directing police officers, orange slug monsters which left slime in their path, holes things could fall into and come out of another hole, and you could program each being to turn or move a certain amount, using a graphical programming interface. Like scratch (you could drag and drop commands into repeat or if than blocks). There was probably more, but it was so cool to play with, and I just can't remember the name.

Everything was on a grid, and I believe the view was isometric (it used sprites).

I should mention that it wasn't multiplayer, I just found it online. it must be at least 10 years old by now, probably older.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

THE BAR posted:

Ah, no, I should've specified it being on the PC, and most likely not a retail title.

I also missed isometric from your description so double whoops from me

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

THE BAR posted:

Both Uzworm and Slur told me about this game, it's a DQM ripoff.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Both Uzworm and Slur told me about this game, it's a DQM ripoff.

Who, who and what again?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

THE BAR posted:

E:

poo poo no man I've played this game too but I can't think of what it was called either. There was also like an emerald monster, which was, y'know, a cut emerald with a happy face on :geno: It was 100% a Pokemon clone and it looked like everything was drawn in MSPaint, right? It was fully shareware, I got to the screen where it tells you to send money to <destination> and gently caress now I really wanna know what game it was, too.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

poo poo no man I've played this game too but I can't think of what it was called either. There was also like an emerald monster, which was, y'know, a cut emerald with a happy face on :geno: It was 100% a Pokemon clone and it looked like everything was drawn in MSPaint, right? It was fully shareware, I got to the screen where it tells you to send money to <destination> and gently caress now I really wanna know what game it was, too.

Exactly! I remember the graphics being almost cliparty, but.. I played it for a reason, and I must know why!

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Might it have been battlepets? http://games.eochu.com/Avalar.htm

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Holy crap, you're right. :eyepop: So it wasn't just a maddening fever dream! Where on Earth have we picked up this eyesore?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

I Love My Axe posted:

Was it in black and white? Sounds like Psychotic! The Escape.

Yeah, that looks like it's the one. Thanks!

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Reposting some old requests that were never answered:

1. I used to have a pc called a Vendex Headstart III, which was given to me second hand. I've googled it, but the list of bundled software did not include the game I was thinking of. The game is a primitive adventure/puzzle game with CGA graphics. You navigate a maze, collects keys and trigger plates to move walls. There were very few enemies that halted your progress. It came with a custom level designer, which I used a lot. It had a paintbrush for a mouse cursor and you could choose from a variety of walls, select their size and hook them to pressure plates that would move them side to side or up and down.

2. Looking for late 80's educational game, probably for the Apple II. You solved math problems or history questions to progress your hot air balloon around the world. I do not think it is an MECC game because I already looked up a list of those games and did not find what I was looking for.

3. An early 90's action adventure game. 2d top down, plays kinda like zelda or gauntlet, maybe some rpg elements, likely a console game. There are pig-faced orcs as enemies, as well as other generic fantasy enemies. I thought it might've been an early D&D title, but I searched a bunch of console D&D titles and so far no match. I don't think it ever entered into first person like a typical D&D game of the time. I have this funny feeling it was for a niche console, like the Sega CD.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

There was a Lord of the Rings game on SNES that played like Zelda with top down view.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Freakazoid_ posted:

3. An early 90's action adventure game. 2d top down, plays kinda like zelda or gauntlet, maybe some rpg elements, likely a console game. There are pig-faced orcs as enemies, as well as other generic fantasy enemies. I thought it might've been an early D&D title, but I searched a bunch of console D&D titles and so far no match. I don't think it ever entered into first person like a typical D&D game of the time. I have this funny feeling it was for a niche console, like the Sega CD.

This might be Dungeon Explorer. If it's not the Sega CD version, check out the TurboGrafx version, as I think they're supposed to be completely different games.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
I need help with the names of two old PC-type games!

1) You wander around a dungeon and there are caterpillar-looking "worms" that follow you around. The worms can swallow you, and then you have to escape from them. If you can find a flower (I think?) then you can feed the flower to the worm and it won't follow you for a screen. Not sure of the platform, but it was in the late 80's. Probably either DOS or Commodore or something like that, but maybe Apple II.

2) A game for Apple II (pretty sure) that I used to play in school (again, late 80's) where you choose a type of dinosaur and have to survive by eating other dinos or running away. It's not the one where you customize a dinosaur, you just choose one. I might be getting it confused with Dino Wars for Amiga, but I'm fairly sure that this one was older (like, only CGA or something).
EDIT: Not "Designasaurus", not "T-Rex: Dinosaur Survival"

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 21, 2017

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Trying to remember a SNES game I played a couple times as a kid. Only played 2player. You chose from 3 robots, blue green and pink and had to get to the end of the level. The robots kinda looked like Kirby's green sword friend.

The robots could also go up! Like into the sky! They also had different skills.

Any ideas?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Andrew_1985 posted:

Trying to remember a SNES game I played a couple times as a kid. Only played 2player. You chose from 3 robots, blue green and pink and had to get to the end of the level. The robots kinda looked like Kirby's green sword friend.

The robots could also go up! Like into the sky! They also had different skills.

Any ideas?

Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
There was an isometric monster vs. monster game I played as a teenager at some friend's house like a hundred years ago on some weird system, I don't think I ever learned what it actually was. The buildings were destructible while you fought and I always played as this big slime monster guy. God I loved that game. Familiar to anyone?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Slim Killington posted:

There was an isometric monster vs. monster game I played as a teenager at some friend's house like a hundred years ago on some weird system, I don't think I ever learned what it actually was. The buildings were destructible while you fought and I always played as this big slime monster guy. God I loved that game. Familiar to anyone?

King of the monsters

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
YES, this is it. Hell yes, thank you.

And it was on a Neo-Geo? That's what a Neo-Geo was? Weird.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

There was an snes version too. It owned

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
There is an old PC game that I'm trying to remember the name of but I can't remember too much about it. It was an edutainment title of some sort. It had very basic CGA graphics and you controlled a square that moved around a very basic map screen. The top half of the screen was the graphics and the bottom of the screen was text that described what is happening. The topic of the game was dinosaurs and I believe the title was something along the lines of "Day of the Dinosaurs" but nothing's coming up when I search for that title.

Any ideas to what this might be? I would've played it in the very early 90s but it felt old when I was playing it so I suspect it was from the 80s.

boof
Jun 3, 2001

FrumpleOrz posted:

There is an old PC game that I'm trying to remember the name of but I can't remember too much about it. It was an edutainment title of some sort. It had very basic CGA graphics and you controlled a square that moved around a very basic map screen. The top half of the screen was the graphics and the bottom of the screen was text that described what is happening. The topic of the game was dinosaurs and I believe the title was something along the lines of "Day of the Dinosaurs" but nothing's coming up when I search for that title.

Any ideas to what this might be? I would've played it in the very early 90s but it felt old when I was playing it so I suspect it was from the 80s.

Maybe Return of the Dinosaur?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

al-azad posted:

There was a Lord of the Rings game on SNES that played like Zelda with top down view.

I don't think this was it.

Rollersnake posted:

This might be Dungeon Explorer. If it's not the Sega CD version, check out the TurboGrafx version, as I think they're supposed to be completely different games.

I'm not sure this is it, but it's close. I'm not seeing any pig-faced orcs though, that's something that stuck out to me at the time.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I know this isn't much to go on, but I remember a mid-late 90s PC racing game, with a car called the Zizzin and a course called Devil's Hairpin in it. Sort of a long shot, but if anyone knows, I've been trying to learn the name of this thing for about fifteen years now.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

YES. That's it! Thanks so much!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

aniviron posted:

I know this isn't much to go on, but I remember a mid-late 90s PC racing game, with a car called the Zizzin and a course called Devil's Hairpin in it. Sort of a long shot, but if anyone knows, I've been trying to learn the name of this thing for about fifteen years now.
Whiplash?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I looked up a video, that is it for sure! Thanks so much you beautiful goon you. :love:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm not sure this is it, but it's close. I'm not seeing any pig-faced orcs though, that's something that stuck out to me at the time.

Sure it wasn't Link to the Past? That had some pig-lookin dudes in the dark world

Groly
Nov 4, 2009

Mezzanine posted:

1) You wander around a dungeon and there are caterpillar-looking "worms" that follow you around. The worms can swallow you, and then you have to escape from them. If you can find a flower (I think?) then you can feed the flower to the worm and it won't follow you for a screen. Not sure of the platform, but it was in the late 80's. Probably either DOS or Commodore or something like that, but maybe Apple II.

Think Quick! It even got a shout-out in an article on The Atlantic.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Groly posted:

Thank you!!! And what a memorable name

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

baka kaba posted:

Sure it wasn't Link to the Past? That had some pig-lookin dudes in the dark world

I'm very certain this isn't it. The pig faced orcs had a particular look I would recognize right away.

Groly posted:

Yo this was the answer to my 1. as well!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
A friend is trying to remember this game:
- you interview former cult/hate group members such as a neo nazi, an al'qaeda terrorist, and a "1970s spiritual cult person"
- can only go forward
- possibly made in unity

Any ideas? That's all I know about it

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

NES game.
You are an emoji and can't stop bouncing left and right, you can only control up and down movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

NES game.
You are an emoji and can't stop bouncing left and right, you can only control up and down movement.

Is it Dudes With Attitude?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6o3wb6APPs