Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I'm looking for an old computer game I used to play in school. I'm not even sure which type of computer it was on. It was a halloween trick-or-treating game that played sort of like a choose-you-own adventure book.

The screen would display a house and you had options to knock on the door or play a trick (maybe other options that I don't remember). Tricks went as far as one option to blow up the house, there were rumors of the one kid who actually got that trick to work once when no one else was around but personally I think it always resulted in you going to jail. I also remember occasionally coming across an alien spaceship rather than a house, one result was being kidnapped and thrown into a zoo on their planet. I don't remember much else about the game.

Help me prove I'm not just dreaming this up and the game actually exists. My friends don't remember it and I'm not completely sure I didn't dream it up. I would swear this game actually existed, but google has nothing even remotely similar.

If it helps, from what I can remember about the computer, it was usually used in class to dick around with a little turtle cursor that could move forward, backward, etc. I remember playing O'dell Lake, Carmen Sandiego and Oregon trail in the class. I think those were played on a different computer than this game I'm looking for but it's been years so who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

There was a Nintendo fighting game that was in the same vein as River City Ransom and Double Dragon but ungodly awful. The game was pretty ugly, the controls were total rear end, and the only thing I remember specifically was you would go through this one door and be forced to fight an absolutely enormous, grotesquely obese woman that you just couldn't beat. She just kind of shuffled at you and when she got to you you just died. I'm serious in that she was enormous. She filled most of the screen.
Could it be Wrath of the Black Manta and you're remembering this ugly fella as a woman? Wrath of the Black Manta was pretty awful,