Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
There was an RPG that came as a demo on either the Galaxy of Games Volume 2 disc or a disc called "1000+ Great Games." When it started out you were thrown into a portal which I think dumped you into a prison under the surface of the earth. You couldn't progress beyond a certain point in the demo because of a big rift in the earth you couldn't cross.

I don't remember anything else about the game clearly enough to be helpful, but it was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

Bieeardo posted:

It could be the demo for Avernum/Exile.

Yes it was Exile! I've seen it brought up dozens of times here and never realized it was the same game I loved back as a kid.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

I'm trying to remember a fantasy themed puzzle game, probably for the SNES or Genesis. All I can remember is that it was very similar to Columns and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, only instead of colored blocks you had wizards, knights, rogues, etc to match up.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

Myron posted:

Dossun?

That's not it, although Dossun is another cool game I forgot existed.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

techknight posted:

If you're misremembering a bit, could it have been one of the Magical Drop titles? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1esEqihTuo

I don't think so, I'm also pretty sure it was a full screen puzzle, not a 1v1 deal like that one.