Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.
I have been looking for this game for years.. it was a graphic adventure game with text commands in French, on a tandy computer (I think it was more advanced than a TRS 80 but didn't run windows 3.1. There might have been an English version too. I think the first screen was a crossroads or just a path with a sign and a moss covered trunk. I remember there having a swamp with a turtle (typing "kill turtle" right away would not achieve the desired effect) and there being a desert, a waterfall and a cave behind the waterfall. Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.
There's another game I'm looking for, since the first one I mentioned may be too obscure. It's a great graphic adventure game, with details that reminded me of good Sierra/LucasArts games. It was quite difficult and if I recall, it's a quest to save a princess, and there's an utter bullshit ending where you stumble upon some kind of high tech room with computers and stuff, you do something to them, you win the game and it's revealed that it was all in your mind because you are an insane dude who murdered his parents and who gets a booger sandwich from his cellmate for his birthday or something like that. I remember the ending cinematic being in really lame 3D (though advanced for the time, kind of like Worms), of a door shutting on the guy wearing a straitjacket?.

Sorgrid fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 29, 2011

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.

ViolentQuiche posted:

Sounds a bit like Sanitarium.
I don't think it was that. It's a nice little point-and-click dos adventure game from the early/mid 90's with a heroic-fantasy setting looking a lot like Simon the Sorcerer or a late King's Quest, and it wasn't gritty.. but in the end, the stuff I described happened and it pissed me off really bad.I think you get to the part with the computer by a crack on the floor, with a hellfire-like light emanating from it?
E: Nevermind, I finally found the game with a bit of luck, lots of spare time and some brainstorming: it's Fable.
I hope I can find the first game I mentioned though, I really miss it.

Sorgrid fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 31, 2011

Sorgrid
May 1, 2007
So it goes.

Chedranian Girl posted:

Back in the olde days of Windows, I had a small game or demo of a game I'd got off a CD or something. It was first person, Doom-esque, were you walked around a haunted castle type place, with bookshelves and passageways. There were zombies and skeletons and such to attack you. It was really simple, simple graphics, but it had awesome music and I loved playing it. Any ideas at all? Sorry my description isn't particularly helpful. It certainly wasn't a "big" game by any big companies, though.

Was it Hexen?