Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007
alright I've got one.

Had a game that came in one of those shareware 100+ games packs from staples, years and years ago. it might have been a 300 Great Games disc? anyway the game was called solarium, solaris, solar something, it had a map of a bunch of planets or stars, probably stars, and a ship that jumped between them. it was a top down view, you had a fuel gauge. that's really all i can remember, i was really young. this was around the early-mid nineties? I doubt anyone remembers it but it haunts me to this day that i could never really do well in it, I was too young to understand it. I want to give it a try now and see if I can win or if it just sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007
I'm remembering a PC game I bought several years ago, It was a top-down shoot 'em up set in space, where some kind of science experiment had gone wrong and warped you into a weird universe. You piloted a ship (of which you had a couple) away from a larger space-station thing and blew up asteroids to harvest their precious, precious internal minerals. The ships could be upgraded and have new weapons/tools/etc researched, as could the station to a limited extent.

there were several "levels" consisting of many smaller areas, and the end of each area was a bossfight, typical shmup stuff.

My brain is telling me this game was called "stardock" but that's the name of two companies (one a game company, one not gently caress me they're the same company, but still not the maker of this game) and not the name of a game that I have been able to find. Searching just "star" on gamefaqs didn't ring any bells, either. Does anyone remember this or is it all in my head?

Edit: STARSCAPE. I found it. decent game, kinda hard at times though.

teamdest fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Aug 5, 2011

teamdest
Jul 1, 2007

Mehuyael posted:

You're thinking about Starscape.

Edit: Welp.

Thank you nonetheless, it was driving me completely batty.