Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

SkeletonHero posted:

Heist game, 2D side-view. It's not Steamworld Heist but has a very similar style. I want to say it had a kind of gaslight/Victorian aesthetic. It's relatively recent and was one of those games that everyone sang the praises of for a week and then promptly forgot, and I'm pretty sure it had a fairly generic name, like "The Score" or "The Caper" but neither one turns up results.

Gunpoint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Castlevania: Resurrection? This was in development for Dreamcast but was ultimately cancelled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrmjHEdaHiA

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Lysandus posted:

I'm trying to remember this game but I don't have much to go on. Its a top down, pixel art style game. I think I remember hacking being part of the gameplay. It might be action rpg-ish.

It's not pixel art, but matches everything else. Maybe Hack and Slash?

Another potential match could be Transistor. Doesn't have hacking mechanics, but you can pause battles and enter commands that look like functions -- Turn(), Spark(), etc.

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 27, 2021

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Lazy Fair posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of an indie retro racing game, I'm not sure if it ever got released. Probably like circa 2015 the dev uploaded some in development gameplay footage to youtube. It was low poly (n64/ps1-ish) with, if I recall, a car driving along a floating track in a cityscape to some pretty good upbeat synth music. Pretty sure this was before the big boom in synthwave stuff.

My friend was talking about Sunset Overdrive and I assumed that was the title until I realized that's something very different. Trying to google hasn't helped, apparently there has been a huge explosion in indie 80's retro racing games since then, but most of them seem much more neon and vector graphic infused than what I remember of this game.

I'm not sure if the game was ever even released but if anyone knows what I'm talking about it would give me some peace of mind.

Not sure if these are what you're thinking of, but these are from around that timeframe and seem to match, but like you said, there was eventually an explosion of retro synthwave racers.

Neon Drive (2016)

OutDrive (2016, more retro looking and has a cityscape, but no floating roads from what I saw)

Music Racer (2018, has floating tracks and sweet music)

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

trying to find a game i asked for previously

Have you checked your butthole?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Serperoth posted:

Oh whoop yeah good idea I didn't even think of that.

https://twitter.com/dreiko_2000/status/1531544063912050691

I found a couple potential hits from googling.

Gate of Doom

Or

Wizard Fire

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Neverhood?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

BrightWing posted:

Not a singular game, but growing up on my lovely PC I had a disk with a handful of Sega genesis games on it. I remember Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles, Kid Chameleon, Shining Force 1, and a platformer where you played as sone kinda orb guy and shot sparklies at enemies. I wanna say it had more games on it but thats all I remember for sure.

E: Oh, and some beat em up that had a strong comic aesthetic to it

The first game sounds like Vectorman.

The other game is Comix Zone.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Zaggitz posted:

I'm trying to figure out a game I played decades ago at my uncle's house. I think it was mac exclusive or at least playable on one. It was a 2D puzzle adventure game where all the characters were shapes and spoke with weird q bert voices. I think the games might have actually taken place inside the computer but that might just be conflating another game with it.

System's Twilight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcln72yqO0s

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

al-azad posted:

Point and click horror 3D adventure game that came out within the last few years. You begin in a hospital bed, your face and body bandaged. There's blood and bodies everywhere and you escape by manipulating some construction equipment outside. The game then inexplicably cuts to a German death camp train in WW2 where a Nazi soldier is loving a corpse. I literally only remember it as "that game where every youtuber was shocked to see a random scene of Nazi necrophilia" and I couldn't even tell you if the game was complete or episodic or a demo because no one ever played it again lol. It's not The Medium, it was a pretty Eurojanky small team/one man effort.

I think I found the game you described. The Dark Inside Me?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Lowen SoDium posted:

I didn't get to play it because of time restrictions, but I saw it when I was at Space Camp in Huntsville AL. back in 1990 or 1991. It was more or less SimCity but on the Moon. I know it was on a computer platform, but don't know if it was DOS or what...

Moonbase?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nKYFbvoLRM

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Andorra posted:

A video game with an English language option and an American language option, the latter of which has jokes about american stereotypes

Not exactly what you're asking (doesn't have separate language options for English and American), but Metal Wolf Chaos has an English language option, and the entire game is American stereotypes.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Let's not discount Maigius here. If they didn't post the request, Hwurmp or Cognac wouldn't have replied in the first place.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Ngl, I'm kinda impressed that ChatGPT was able to figure out a game from the description.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

emSparkly posted:

A game with vector graphics where the player character is a stick figure. I swear it was a real vector graphics based game and not one stylized to look that way. So it's probably old as dirt.

I hope it's a real game and not something I saw on a video.

Vib-Ribbon?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Mr. Baps posted:

This is a real long shot based on how fuzzy my memories are, but goons have done more with less.

There was a game my brother and I rented way way back that we got really hooked on and marathoned for like a full day. I barely remember it now, but to the best of my knowledge:
- SNES (outside chance of being on the Genesis, but I'm almost positive it's SNES) swords-and-magic fantasy action game
- overhead or isometric perspective
- two player co-op? (probably, but not guaranteed)
- at some point (title screen? between levels? when you leveled up? when you beat it? gently caress if I know) it'd show you art of what I assume to be your character; I just remember a fantasy protagonist looking guy with a sword taking up most of the screen before fading out into gameplay or maybe the main menu.

I don't think it's Lagoon. That's pretty much all I have to go on.

It's Genesis, but Sword of Sodan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q35onoe8i60&t=271s

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
You had said "similar to the first Elder Scrolls game", but could it have actually been Daggerfall or Arena? Daggerfall had large medieval style towns to explore and Argonian slavery is a thing in the Elder Scrolls world.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Andorra posted:

I had a demo of a computer game. It was for kids. It might have been educational but I don't know for what. First Person point of view. You go between rooms in a mansion (think more like the Encarta mind maze than Myst). You could talk to characters who were anthropomorphic animals. The only one I remember for certain was named Cleo the Cat. It had voice acting. I think you might have been able to get a light to let you do something in a dark room. It wasn't cartoony.

I think I've found it. Reading Mansion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b72tTpXC-0

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Nthing that it's probably one of the classic Tomb Raiders you're thinking of (Maybe Legends?)

(ignore the text, I made the gif from a really annoying short I found on youtube)

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Xenomrph posted:

I’m trying to remember a game I played circa 1995 (although I’m not sure what year it came out). I think it was a puzzle game along the lines of Pipe Dream/Pipe Mania, but I remember the aesthetic being, like, dark and creepy? I’m not sure how else to describe it. I think it had bubbling tanks of liquid off to one side.

There's a genesis game from 1990 called Junction that kinda sounds like what you're describing. You moved tiles with grooves on them to allow a ball to navigate and cross over all the "wings" on the board. There was also a weird 3d reverse drip thingy in the bottom right corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7FORTv6woU&t=160s

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Could it be Goldfields?

https://www.mobygames.com/game/166622/goldfields/screenshots/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Cleuseau Remos posted:

Probably it! Thanks for finding it. Now I just need to find a copy.

Many thanks.

Here ya go.

https://archive.org/details/GOLDFIELDS