Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I've got a vague one. I'm fairly certain it was on an Amstrad PC and had a single word title. You were a guy in space suit with a helmet that looked similar to the Marines in Warhammer 40k, and you explored what I think was a large abandoned space ship. Kind of like Metroid, but much slower paced and not really any shooting I could recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Jostiband posted:

Since you didn't answer to the last suggestion, I'm going to assume that wasn't what you were looking for. When people go around talking about Space Marines in large abandoned spaceships they're generally referring to one of the Space Hulk games.

Was never released on the Amstrad though, so that's probably not it. However a different 40K boardgame did get Amstraded. Not very Metroidy at all, and two-word title, but could it have been Space Crusade?

The only thing that resembled WH40K, was the guys helmet which looked like the Spacemarines one. It predated that Space Crusade game by about 6 years I'd say. Definitely not an isometric squad game, but a 2D scrolling game.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Chedranian Girl posted:

Back in the olde days of Windows, I had a small game or demo of a game I'd got off a CD or something. It was first person, Doom-esque, were you walked around a haunted castle type place, with bookshelves and passageways. There were zombies and skeletons and such to attack you. It was really simple, simple graphics, but it had awesome music and I loved playing it. Any ideas at all? Sorry my description isn't particularly helpful. It certainly wasn't a "big" game by any big companies, though.

Catacomb Abyss maybe

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Malorie posted:

This might have an obvious answer, but I'd like at least some kind of confirmation of the title of something I vaguely remember from my childhood...

It was a DOS comic creator, that ran in EGA graphics mode... it might have been CGA, but I think EGA is more likely. Low resolution, lots of black, white, and dithered colours. You could set a background, choose characters to put in the panels, write speech bubbles, and then print off your comic page on your printer. If I were to guess a date of when it was made, I'd say anywhere from mid-80s to early-90s. That's all I can really remember from it!

I remember it just being called something generic like 'Comic Creator', but I can't find a single trace of it online, and I'm not completely sure I'm even googling for the correct title. It's not technically a game, which is probably why it's not on anything like MobyGames, but... hey, it was a game to me at least! :v: I'd love to just find even a screenshot of it again for the sake of nostalgia.

There was a licensed Disney comic creator like this, I don't know if it was the same program or part of bundle but it had a crossword puzzle creator too.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Clash at Demonhead?

Sounds like it to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Sounds like maybe Little Ninja Brothers (NES) or Super Ninja Boy (SNES) ?

Here's an odd one:

I remember a game almost exactly like Jill of the Jungle by Epic for DOS, it was another DOS game, a platformer kinda in the prince of persia style, really simple DOS graphics, set in some kind of a ruins or a jungle. But I'm pretty sure its not actually Jill of the Jungle. Know of other games in the same style? I googled and found a couple, but its not them. I feel like the graphics were just a tiny bit better, but maybe its just nostalgia. Its not Vinyl Goddess from Mars... Maybe it was just Jill of the Jungle. :v:

Was the player character female?