Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

LargeHadron posted:

Some unknown number of years ago, I found a puzzle game that's played in the web browser. Hard to explain what I mean...not a webpage that launches a game, but a webpage that *is* the game. I remember the vibe being kind of creepy, and you get these little clues about where to click on the page. At one point I had to modify the URL based on some clue, and that took me to the next step, etc.

That might not be enough to go on, but at the very least does anyone know what this type of game is called so I can go seek it out myself?

was it notpron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Pretty sure that's Moraff's Ultra Blast

man, I had some massive shareware collection of moraffware games as a kid. there were like, tons of puzzle games and way too many varieties of mahjong tile matching games. it was great.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

sort of asking for my dad; between us both we can't remember what the heck this game was called. he played it a ton in the 90s, it was a turn-based strategy map game kind of thing, with online multiplayer -- i'm pretty sure it was play-by-email and games would go for multiple days. it was historical i think (like, as opposed to fantasy/scifi i mean -- i remember there were tanks) i'm pretty sure it was a free game he downloaded, and not something he bought. iirc the graphics were a little primitive, or at least 2d/flat.

i know this is barely anything to go off of. :sweatdrop: i was pretty young.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh my god it was Metal Knights. Thank you so much, this was going to bug me for a million years.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

here's another one from my dad: some kind of browser-based puzzle game where you're playing as a little guy, and you're trying to find your spaceship? he distinctly remembers some kind of lever-pulling puzzle. and he says it had a very distinct art style, and he thinks it had a french or maybe italian name. he also says he thinks it got a sequel

again, i know that isn't a heck of a lot to go off of, but you guys are wizards so maybe you can figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Samorost? I can’t remember if finding your spaceship was the objective, but it was browser-based and sounds like it otherwise fits the bill

https://youtu.be/lEt5oiEcMIM?si=54Ur3aSN9f6Zmbo5

it sure the heck is! thanks! :D