Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I post this every time one of these threads bubbles up to the front page of Games - there's at least two open right now, isn't there?

Anyways this is an early 90's (late 80s?) edutainment DOS game with those ugly rear end cyan and magenta CGA graphics. You explored a mansion and learned about whales, possibly from ghosts or something like that. I swear, I'm not making this poo poo up.

I played it in 1994 but it was probably out earlier than that. One of the earliest things you could do was find a medallion or a coin or something to advance the story. Anyways I've been trying to figure out the name of this game for a long time now and would appreciate any tips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The Bouncer kind of owned and I wish there were more beat 'em ups like that.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

It's been like a decade but to me it looks like one of the old starter areas for D&D Online.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Roger Henson IV posted:

Back in the mid to late 90s, I remember playing this game on an Acorn PC at school. You played as elves or dwarves, and there were ladders to go up and down, and I believe you collected keys. It must have been educational in someway. I'm sure it was on a floppy disc. I have tried asking this question all over the internet and I still don't know what the hell the game is. Can ANYONE help me out?

You don't play as the elves but I'd bet money this is Super Solvers' Treasure Mountain.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Here’s one that I hope is easy- a space shooter from the mid-late 90’s called Hellraiser or Hellblazer or something like that. I remember the cockpit view showed your hand holding a joystick with two buttons that I always thought looked kinda like a goofy floppy-headed muppet leaning around in sync with the game.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I’m trying to remember a souls-like (I think?) where there’s a giant chained up bird with a plague doctor mask or something that might be for upgrading weapons? I have no idea why I’m drawing a blank on this. It could have also maybe been from Pathologic 2 but it’s been ages since I tried that and I don’t remember any kind of hub world like the DeS Nexus and I really thought that’s where whatever it was was located.

Just a weird thing that has been stuck in the craw of my memory for a few days now.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think there’s an NPC like that in Mortal Shell?

This almost certainly has to be it, I fired it up in the middle of the night when it was free on PS+ and then promptly totally forgot about it which explains the hazy half-memory. Thanks!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

al-azad posted:

In the Hall of the Mountain King is a badass song that just works as kind of spooky fantasy music. It shows up in the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series theme song.

The Sonic theme song mashed it up with Flight of the Bumblebee and it was weirdly great.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Splicer posted:

You can type username:"the colonel" in the search bar on the top left to find all your posts in a thread.

i am pretty sure this doesn’t work from the in-thread search bar actually

e: wait it’s working now, i…think I see what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Stratego is legitimately a pretty fantastic board game for something that’s eighty years old that you can find at Wal-Mart.