Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I remember picking this one PC "game" up quite a while ago, I'm guessing 1997 or so (It was a Windows 95 game I'm sure)

Its a Movie Maker, and it was all 2D cartoons.
It had voice acting, in the old "Type stuff in and have a robotic voice say it back" style, but there was a feminine version, a male version, tons of various "voice" styles.

There was a whole bunch of characters, and they had tons of poses (I believe you could animate the scenes, to go along with the voice acting)

Depending on the Scenery and Characters you picked, you could press a button that would generate a random plot using that background and those names.

I want to say that it had "Movie Maker" or something in the title, but I honestly don't remember anything about the boxart, or title. Just spending hours making cartoons with this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Well, I just remembered another game that I want to know the name of.

I'm pretty sure it was an Amiga game, but it might have been on PC.

It took place in a Subway station, and it had one of those amusement park booths, with those Fortune Teller heads. I believe when you inserted a coin, the booth would give you a Subway ticket.
When you got on the Subway, it transported you into this side scrolling platformer world.

I remember the back of the box showed a ton of different worlds, but I was never quite good enough to beat the first world as a kid :(

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Plinth posted:

Sounds like Theme Park Mystery.

YES!
This is it! Thanks, I wouldn't have guessed the "Theme Park" bit.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

Aneurexorcyst posted:

There's a game from my childhood that I played at a friend's house. It was a caveman themed sidescrolling platform game on an acorn or some such old floppy disk based computer.

I remember some form of a boxing match boss where the enemy was huge in comparison to the player.

Pretty sure there was some pixelated nudity on the cave girls too - awesome.

(No, I don't mean Lost Vikings)

Could you possibly be talking about Prehistorik?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

PC game, I THINK it was a point-and-click adventure game.
Maybe with mini games.

I think you played as an Olympic ring.
It had to do with the Olympics anyway.
It's driving me crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I think it was a freeware game.
It took place on a space station.
I believe you had to solve math problems to get past locked doors and stuff. (So an educational game)

What is is? I remember it from a while ago.