Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

What is the name of this game? I can't recall.

Your condemned my some generic king, I think, and sent into a vast underground world.

Crappy graphics, party based, its by one independant developer. It had a bunch of sequels.

Edit: Just remembered the name, thanks folks! Avernum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I can't remember the name of this drat game. I think it is out recently or coming out soon? It is a side scroller where you play a hoplite, the graphics were all hand drawn. It is an indie game. What the heck was it called?

Edit: Found it! Apotheon.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 4, 2014

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I am trying to remember the name of a game but I just cannot. It is a space game I never finished. It is not Starsector but it was like Starsector.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/

It was a completed game, not in early access where you controlled (I think only) a single ship from a top down perspective like Starsector and travel around space on a big rear end map for some grand quest.

It was not Space Rangers nor SPAZ and I played it at some point in the last year years when it was still somewhat new. I saw a video referencing Starsector and was reminded of "Oh that space game like it I enjoyed but never finished..." yet now I can't remember it! I do not believe there was any base building and am not certain if you could bring other ships with you and only control one at a time. If I recall correctly your ship had some special ability to travel in a way others could not... which was also a plot point in Starsector but it was not Starsector. I think you end up stranded in some part of space far away from wherever you came from right at the start but am not 100% sure, but I believe you did?

Any ideas what it may have been?

Thank you very much!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 16, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I just looked that up, that was not it, although I do think I played that at some point, but never beat it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

I do not think that was it either.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Even if it isn't Starcom: Nexus you should play that game, because it's very good. Do you remember any details beyond what you've already said?
As I think about it more I am almost certain you wind up in some distant area from where you start and are stranded there... and you were not 100% alone, I think you had a crew? But I am not totally sure.

Also as I look at this link... I think this may have been it, but am still not sure.

In Starcom did you have some kind of ability to travel which was strange by the standards of wherever you were stranded?

When did you play it?
At some point in the last 10 years, I am not sure certain beyond that.

What were the graphics like?
Hard to describe? I *THINK* you could travel in real time between systems if you wanted to. There may have been other options available but I recall you could just fly off the edge of a system and keep going if you wanted and that tied into exploration so sometimes you could find stuff by just stumbling into it. That I do remember being a part of it. Is that a thing in Starcom?

Was it fast-paced, slow?
I don't remember.

Did you interact with planets much, and if so in what way?
I... don't recall but I am sure the entire game took place in space in that you never actually spent a lot of time doing stuff on planets, though it is possible you may have interacted with them.

koolkal posted:

Naev or Starcom: Nexus?
Not Naev.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

After thinking about this further I am pretty sure it was Starcom, so, thanks TooMuchAbstraction and koolkal!