Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I'm trying to remember the name of a text adventure. Apparently this one was pretty popular, and got awards and poo poo for best text adventure. It's about a guy getting ready to leave for a trip to the desert to go to a get together, something similar to burning man. He's waiting for a taxi to arrive at his apartment to take him. He's feeling weird, checking his stuff, and when he tried to do his last minute packing the apartment starts pretty much falling apart, with stuff turning to sand and sand flooding out of things. It was amazing in how "real" it felt, with descriptions of stuff heard/seen outside his windows like a helicopter flying by, and songs on the radio changing as you go about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

I think that's Shade. It always gets mentioned in the IF threads that pop up from time to time.
http://www.ifiction.org/games/play.phpz?cat=46&game=297&mode=html
Yep, this is it. Thanks.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Bareback Rodeo posted:

Mine is a game from the Sega Megadrive, I think. It's sort of like Contra. It's a side-scroller, you run along and it's multiplayer and you shoot monsters with guns. The only identifiable thing I remember is there is a sort of ancient-Egyptian level. You go up against an Anubis-like character at some point.

What's it called?
Stargate? There was a licensed game on the SNES and Genesis based on the movie, it's a side-scroller, and you fight Anubis in a boss fight.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/stargate_
It was pretty cool.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Kinkify posted:

There was this strange RPG I played a while back on the gameboy, all I can remember is that one of the NPCs says "You singed my hair!" Good luck with that one :( I think maybe you started out in a castle, but could explore other areas afterwards. It seemed like a very obscure game.
Final Fantasy Adventure maybe? I remember you started in a castle for that (you were a prisoner or something), but I certainly can't remember the dialog.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Plain Bagels posted:

This one was for the PSX and I watched my friends play mulitplayer on it once. I think you were a robot or something and you were trying to capture your opponents base. You could either build tanks which would assault your opponents base or planes which guarded your own base.
Was it an RTS? The building tanks and planes reminds me of Warzone 2100, which was on Playstation.