Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Der Kyhe posted:

I have one...

It was in the mid-90's, possibly late 90's as I recall that it fits to the era of 3D-graphic accelerator onmarch. The game itself was a two-player wargame, where each player (green and brown camo) had a base that had turrets and buildings? plus walls which all were destroyable to some degree.

Each player had 4 * 4 vehicles; a helicopter, tank... mine layer? and possibly a jeep. the task was to destroy other players base or something similar, possibly to capture the flag. Game was isometric, possibly pseudo-3D but may have had primitive 3D graphics support... ran on Windows 95 but still was a huge power hogger for the resources at that time. Fun game for LAN evening.

Additionally, I for some reason recall that the game (or demo at least) was on a multi-game CD, which was kinda funny as it had Doom:esque user interface, which loaded on the disk autorun. To select the game you wanted to play you had to move with WASD-control on the "loader level" and walk on the teleport pad of some sorts for the selected game to start.

If anyone can come up with the name for the wargame and give any additional details on the 3D-gamedisk I would appreciate it.

The war game is definitely either Return Fire or Return Fire 2. Ridiculously fun game even in single player, when one level is three jeeps only, and lotsa landmines between you and the flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

coyo7e posted:

A multiplayer-only shareware game for Macintosh, from the 90s, because I played it in high school. You piloted a polygonal 'mech that was kind of ostrich-shaped, and you could choose different weights iirc, but you only had two guns and had to watch your heat.

I remember that the player's game camera was an actual invisible object in-game, and if you pushed it into an object and jumped just right, you could jump onto it and ride your own player camera way up into the air to snipe people while they said "WTF?!"

It was outrageously fun and played really really smoothly online, considering I was on a 33.6 or 56k modem at the time.

Was it Avara?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

rss feeder posted:

What's the name of a 3rd person shooter, may have been non-linear, maybe not, for the PS2, maybe Xbox and GCN.

I remember it had an auto targeting, bullet time, a dog, a character that may or may not have been played by Christopher Walken, it was similar to Max Payne, and there was a most excellent shootout in a strip club or night club or some sort of club. There was also a stripper dance minigame.

I remember it getting mediocre reviews, but playing it at my cousin's and loving every minute of it.

Sounds like Dead to Rights to me. Played it long ago on the gamecube, wasn't too bad.

Walken wasn't in this one far as I can tell, but in True Crime instead.

Kammat fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 15, 2008

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Lexical Unit posted:

2. You were a little dude with a tooth brush and you were inside a mouth scrubbing plaque off teeth, and little green things (germs?) would attack you to try and prevent you from cleaning the teeth. If a tooth got too dirty it would die, if too many teeth died you would lose the game.

So what game system was this? What games were these?

If it was an Atari 2600, it could either be Plaque Attack or an extremely rare case of Tooth Protectors

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Zeithammer posted:

Alright. Let's give this a shot.

The game I'm looking for was a rather complex building demolition simulator. You could set individual charge types/timing/amounts, and were tasked with destroying a specific building with a set amount of money. The graphics were simple, although that may not be due to age; it was most likely on a DOS platform.

There were different building materials that reacted differently to certain force, and causing collateral damage to other buildings in the area would pretty much bankrupt your company.

I've spent a long, long time on Google searching for this; the name may not be in English or related to the nature of the game at all. For some reason I keep thinking Eastern European in nature?

Thanks in advance.

e: was NOT a flash game, or really any of the high-tech physic-y stuff of recent times.

Operation Cleaner 2

Have this one at home, love to play it normally for awhile to build up a bankroll, then lay maximum RDX charges everywhere.

BOOOOOOOOOOM :neckbeard:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Dominic White posted:

I've asked this in every thread like this so far, but nobody remembers it..

Okay, an *old* graphical adventure game for DOS. 320 x 200 resolution, good EGA or poor VGA (more likely) graphics, but looked primitive however you sliced it.

The screen layout was a fairly low-res image of your current scene (first-person usually, I believe). On the right side of the screen was a panel of actions. In the bottom-left was the text description of what was going on.

The game was set in space - possibly on Mars - and you played as both an astronaut and a little robot, alternating between them to solve puzzles. The astronaut guy had limited air supply, so you had to solve stuff quickly in some cases. I think there MIGHT have been a third playable character - an alien - but I may be wrong.

I remember as a kid that the opening stretch was really stressful because you've got limited air, and have to get indoors before you run out, but there's security systems to make you waste time. I think you could use a laser pistol as space-guy to shoot stuff, but it was seldom useful.

It wasn't realtime - it played out like a text adventure with graphical elements, effectively.

Any clue?

Digging around brought up Colony which fits most of your description, but I can't find anything about a robot. Getting warm, or totally off base?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Obsurveyor posted:

I have been trying to find/remember the name of an arcade game, probably from the early-mid 90s. It was kind of like Magic Sword but more RPG-based. It was multiplayer. It was a time limit based game where adding coins increased the amount of time you had to play. I do not believe the levels were linear like Magic Sword. The only thing I really remember as far as memorable things was that one boss was kind of an ooze that I think would break apart and reform and dropped from the ceiling. It may have also encased players, preventing them from doing anything.

That sounds like Cadash to me.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

repeatx3 posted:

An NES game with a skateboarding monkey and you had to navigate through the obstacle course. I remember this game being really difficult and I forgot the title.

Would it be T&C Surf Designs? That's the only one ringing a bell at this point.

May also be the sequel, Thrilla's Surfari

Kammat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 18, 2010

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Nastyman posted:

It was a very simplistic game where you get dealt special cards that you have to use to either build up your castle or destroy the opponent's castle. Looks extremely close to this: http://www.kongregate.com/games/m0rkeulv/castle-wars-2

I'm not positive but I think the one I want involved ants.

Arcomage, originally part of Might and Magic 7, eventually developed into its own title.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

A Quiet American posted:

I'd love it if anyone could identify a game for the original Playstation. I'm not sure when it was released, but I seem to remember playing it fairly shortly after I picked up my Playstation, which would've been around 1996 or 1997. You controlled a mech from a first-person perspective and had been sent to a space station to investigate a break in communications or whatever. You get there and find that it's overrun by a bunch of monsters, and later learn that there's some kind of disease infecting people and turning them into monsters. At one point one of your teammates foolishly eats an apple or some piece of fruit containing spores and ends up getting transformed.

Your teammates popped up on your HUD as anime-style portraits and then rambled about whatever it is you were supposed to do. I seem to recall having to rescue a child and carry it (her?) with you for the rest of the game. The final showdown occurred in a shuttle bay as you tried to make your escape, but I never beat the drat thing. Any help is appreciated.

Slightly wild guess here, but is it BRAHMA Force?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Nerdfest X posted:

An arcade racing game from the mid-80's. You rode on a futuristic motorcycle on a set track. Your view was as the rider, as if you were on the bike. The tracks were the same every time you played, so it was easy to learn the course for each race. The second to last track had a pink/orange color scheme, and was called "Titania". The last track had a blue/dark blue color color scheme, and was called "Metropolis". The race course was suspended in mid air, within the large crystal city. There were about 8 to 10 different tracks, however once you beat them all, the game alternated between the last 2 tracks only. Every race pitted you against 4 other computer-controlled bikes. Once you gained a lead, they would stay a set distance behind you, however if you crashed into a wall, or an obstacle on the field, they could continue to increase their distance.

Was this Star Rider? I remember this solely because of an ancient magazine article that is firmly wedged in my brain covering upcoming laser disc arcade games.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

NitroSpazzz posted:

Can't remember the name of a computer game from a couple years ago. It was a lot like the android/iphone game galcon. Pretty sure it was white background and light pastel type colors. Was a really good looking game although very simple.

You started with one "planet" and a bunch of little ships/seeds. As you sent them to other planets they planted and you could choose which kind of ships to build I think. Went from planet to planet fighting until you controlled them all then went to the next level.

Eufloria?

al-azad posted:

This just came to me. Top down arcade co-op game from the late 80s that graphically looks like the original Metal Gear. You ran around blowing up robots and disabling bombs in military bases before moving onto the next level. It had a neat sticky cover system unseen in games at the time. The most telling detail was the console box art which had two dudes firing machine guns amidst a giant explosion with a monkey holding a flamethrower or smoking a cigar or something. The demon Baphomet, complete with pentagram on his forehead, stood behind the two Rambo-like dudes and I think he was the penultimate boss.

Honestly, I just want to see that drat cover again because it's amazing.

The cover system makes me think Crack Down, which matches most of your description, but the box art is definitely puzzling me.

Edit: Holy crap, IT IS!! I have no idea WTF is going on with that cover.

Kammat fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 24, 2011

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

kaujot posted:

Trying to remember another game I played on my Macintosh back in the 90s. It was a sort of point and click noir adventure, where you're trying to investigate someone's drug-related death (I think). Anyway, you can hold the drugs in your inventory screen, and apply them to your own body (think like a nicorette patch). Then on your screen you see your avatar overdose and die. Took place in the future, I believe.

Do any of the screenshots here jog your memory, because it really reminds me of Rise of the Dragon.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Got an old one that no amount of searching in MobyGames has found for me, so let's see if I can jog any memories here.

80's, fairly sure this was on the Apple II. Premise of the game was that Russia was launching nukes at the US, but we had a squadron of interceptors in space that would fly down planetside and take out the control facility for that launch before the missiles hit.

Each mission started with having to fly each plane of the squadron out of the station one by one. Since this was in space, inertia played a role as you had to take off from the right, fly to about the center of the screen, then turn right to fly out the hangar doors. You had to oversteer to kill your leftward momentum or you'd smack into the hangar door on the way out.

Once your squadron was out, you'd select the launch facility and the game turned into a fairly standard vertical scrolling shoot em up. You could adjust your altitude slightly to avoid or attempt to take out any ground forces shooting at you, but otherwise you moved steadily upwards. Once you reached the end of the level, you faced five towers, each with a small black vulnerable spot to destroy the tower. You had to destroy all five towers before time ran out and the missiles impacted their target.

Does this ring any bells for anyone? I've had it come to mind recently, but it's starting to drive me crazy.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

wb posted:

Raid over Moscow

God dammit that's it. Never came up when I was narrowing my search. THANK YOU!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Sir Azrael posted:

I'm becoming increasingly certain that it was some sort of point and click adventure. This one doesn't match up.

Edit: Theoretically it could have been an SNES title with relatively crummy graphics as I did own one at the time...

SNES did get a version of Eye of the Beholder.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Thors Bitch! posted:

Im looking for a SNES title, it had an odd sort of gameplay in that you could 'build' a town, which could catch on fire and have other things happen to it, but the important part is that is also had a 2d side scroller/adventure type game where you controlled a sword-wielding knight, and this somehow helped or founded the town itself.

You also had an advisor that was a little cherub angel.

Any help with this? I remember playing it quite a bit over at a friends house..

This one's definitely Actraiser. Hell of a fun game.

And going back just a bit...

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Back in the early to mid 90s, my dad had this semi-turn based, semi-real time strategy war game for the Macintosh. The units (tanks, infantry, air, naval units) were little squares, and when you moved it to another part on the map, it would show this projected line of where it was going. The teams were only colored red and blue but the scenarios were WW2 or Vietnam or Modern War or Future War. I thought the title had an acronym in it but I'm pulling a blank. Not a lot to go on, but I would appreciate any help!

That's Command HQ I believe.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Soarer posted:

This has been bugging me for years. I remember playing an online CCG that was set in a futurist world. The game basically revolved around setting up a "base" card that was hidden from the other player and you had to find and destroy theirs before they found yours. There was sort of a board with lines connecting points where a players base could be and you had character cards that could move and infiltrate. I believe they also had equipment card. The game gave you a free starter deck but boosters cost money (which I couldn't buy online as a kid) but you were able to re-roll your starter deck until you had something you were happy with. That's all I really remember but I'm sure there were other goons that played this.

ChronX

Supposedly still running, but with 6 years of a promised sequel it's not looking too good.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

blackguy32 posted:

Trying to remember a video game cover. It had two shirtless dudes on it, I think a man in a goat head, and U.S. Gold on the cover.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Cornwind Evil posted:

The second was a 2 1/2 D arcade game where you were going through some future building, your main weapon was a laser and bombs (which were recommended by the game to be used on bosses). I mainly remember it because it had a Loony Toons bit if you walked off an edge where the player character would walk on thin air, realize there was no ground, and then turn around and grab for the edge as he fell.

Hey, I remember this one. It was Escape from the Planet of Robot Monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Vib Rib posted:

I'm here years later (a decade late, even from the first!) to say thanks to all of you, and to this thread. Could not find this by descriptive Google search to save my life, couldn't remember the name. Thought to ask here, but on a whim ran the search first and lo and behold, demolitions had come up. I appreciate the blast from the past via the name, even though the site appears dead now.

https://sites.google.com/site/jannyman01/games/pc-games/cleaner-2