Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trembling Waif
Sep 23, 2000

I have a game that I need, but I can't recall what it's name is. It's a tile based online paintball game. It was similar to counter-strike in that each match would give you money to buy stuff like paint grenades, smoke grenades, etc. There was a line of sight system in place and fog of war. There were several rounds being played at once so there was a lobby area where people sorta just waited. The graphics were pretty primitive and the game is ancient - it was one of my first online games ever, possibly back in 1995 or so. At the time it was free to play with only around 20-30 players ever on at a time.

I had found the game on a "WOW!!! 1,000 GREAT GAMES!!!" cd back in the day but I couldn't find it while rummaging through all my garbage games recently. I have no idea what it could be called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trembling Waif
Sep 23, 2000

Saint Septimus posted:

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, I used to play the poo poo out of this game when I was like 13. It's Paintball Net of course, and it's been offline for a long long time. When it went down, I believe some people got together and rehosted it or cloned it, and it became High Velocity Paintball. I haven't played HVPB but it looks like it's still active.

That is exactly it. I just gave HVPB a whirl and it's just as confusing and cumbersome as I remember. It's awesome people still play this game.