Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

If <waves arm expansively> was legalized.

Shyrka posted:

Probably a longshot, but I'd love to find this game again.

It was an arcade side scrolling platform shooter where upon starting you were given the choice of four planets to start from, and you played some sort of dude that looked a bit like Samus and ran across the planets shooting aliens/robots. After you finished the platform shooting segment, you'd then get into a spaceship and have to complete a gradius style shooter level before you went back to the planet select screen and did it all over again.

Would've been around in the late 80s, possibly early 90s.

I think this could be Xain'd Sleena.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE96Fo0P6iI

^^That sounds like Fort Apocalypse^^

Catellite fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 15, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

CalX posted:

it is an old 3d game, windows 95 era, with some kind of day/night cycle where a wolf type monster comes and tracks you down when you run out of time. kind of creepy horror vibe. there were no words in the game, but there were items or things you could pick up. the game seemed very hard and frustrating. it was not very polished and i think it might be kind of an independent game.

I think Ecstatica had a wolf monster chase you at night, but I can't be sure.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

Discount Viscount posted:

Alright, here are a couple of old arcade games I probably played around 1989 or so when I was 4 or 5. I can only remember the vaguest of details. The first was some sidescrolling run and gun with a Rambo-esque hero (yeah, that narrows it down.) The biggest details I can remember are the first stage took place at night, your shots had a red tail/trail on them with a white tip, and at some point in the first level you could climb into a stationary turret and gun guys down. I think there may have also been a driveable jeep-type vehicle.

This wouldn't be Gunforce, would it? The first level's at night, and there are parts where you can get in both stationary turrets and jeeps with mounted guns.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

wide stance posted:

Someone please help me remember the name of this unusual mid to late nineties PC game:

It was first or third person 3D, singleplayer, and set in medieval low fantasy. It was open-ended with a single large seamless map. I remember dragons, castles, and armies following you behind, all in horrible 3D graphics. Maybe 'dragon' was in the title too.

It was kind of like an rpg, but more strategy actually where you were one lord and had to conquer the map and defeat other lords. No, it's not Daggerfall, M&M, or Wizardry. It was way too sophisticated and advanced for my dumb child rear end.

Thanks!

That might be the PC Lords of Midnight sequel/remake. It has a first-person 3d world, and I think you can see your lords armies following you. There is an irrelevant dragon in the intro.

Catellite
Apr 29, 2008

duckfarts posted:

My friend's looking for a game that was (probably)for the C64:
  • It was in sub-saharan Africa or someplace similar
  • You were looking for something and when you lost or died, they said something along the lines of "You've evaded me this time"
  • There was a canteen at the bottom of the screen that you would fill up at oases. If you ran out, you died.
  • You had an onscreen display of your bullets of which you maybe only had like 10 of, and were scarce
Any ideas?

Could this be Tusker?