Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I have one...

It was in the mid-90's, possibly late 90's as I recall that it fits to the era of 3D-graphic accelerator onmarch. The game itself was a two-player wargame, where each player (green and brown camo) had a base that had turrets and buildings? plus walls which all were destroyable to some degree.

Each player had 4 * 4 vehicles; a helicopter, tank... mine layer? and possibly a jeep. the task was to destroy other players base or something similar, possibly to capture the flag. Game was isometric, possibly pseudo-3D but may have had primitive 3D graphics support... ran on Windows 95 but still was a huge power hogger for the resources at that time. Fun game for LAN evening.

Additionally, I for some reason recall that the game (or demo at least) was on a multi-game CD, which was kinda funny as it had Doom:esque user interface, which loaded on the disk autorun. To select the game you wanted to play you had to move with WASD-control on the "loader level" and walk on the teleport pad of some sorts for the selected game to start.

If anyone can come up with the name for the wargame and give any additional details on the 3D-gamedisk I would appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Kammat posted:

The war game is definitely either Return Fire or Return Fire 2. Ridiculously fun game even in single player, when one level is three jeeps only, and lotsa landmines between you and the flag.

Yep, definitely Return Fire. Thanks!

Now does anyone have any idea what the 3D-loader interface I mentioned earlier was about? After consulting a friend he said he was pretty sure it may have been some sort of Microsoft Windows 95 multimedia promo...