Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There are two games I'm trying to remember, both are very old. Both games are on the PC..

The first is an old-school top-down dungeon crawler, kind of like a roguelike, but with sprites. After you died it would say 'Another one bites the dust,' but I can't remember if it played the sound clip along with it.

The second is basically a pre-cursor to the Advance Wars series. It had almost the exact same gameplay (minus the fancy cutscenes for battles), but it was on the PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I remember playing a game on...maybe Windows 95. It was sort of around the time I played Castle of the Winds. It was a lot like Advance Wars. You had a top down voew of a grid based map and had tanks and stuff.

Anyone know wtf this was

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
unfortunately not. those look like hex grid games, whereas this was a square grid.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zaodai posted:

I'm at my parent's house today so I remembered to go find my old CD-ROM games and take a look. The game I was thinking of was Operation Combat 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVUMVjpxMw

I didn't play the first one, which came out in 1991 if you're looking for similar but older.

wow this is actually it im like 99% sure