Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
There was this adventure game that I had as shareware DOS game. It was made entirely out of clay (if I remember correctly). You played as a dragon, but I think that was just the demo and they were other stories with other characters. All I remember was that there was a house with a gingerbread man that you could visit by boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Krolm posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be Kingdom O' Magic. It has a green lizard character, looks semi-clay-ey and I distinctively remember something involving a gingerbread man!

I actually have this game, it came in this awesome book shaped cd-box.

I think that is it. Thanks a lot. Now begins my hunt for this game.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
There was this Windows FPS game that featured both person-to-person gunfights as the ability to mount Mechs. Strangely enough I think I can remember the name of the first level/mission in the game - "Silence before the storm". That's all I can tell about it, really.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

OG17 posted:

This is Shogo.

Thanks. I was thinking of 'Shogun' and 'Mobile Warrior'. At least I had some part right.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

chairface posted:

Secondhand one, from a friend of mine:

Before you ask, I have no more insight onto this. I don't know if by "like Fallout" he means turn-based, isometric, that it was an RPG, all of the above, none of the above, etc. Nor does he.

Well certainly not ninjas, but could it perhaps be Commandos? It was released in 1998.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Suspicious Lump posted:

There was a thread not too long ago about "what games did something new" with the search down I can't find the thread. Anyway, someone posted a couple of screenshots of a survive FPS and it was a free game. That's all I really remember.

Page 6 of the games forum. Don't try too hard to find it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3022964

e: When I Google for "what games did something new something awful" I also find it.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

This is an extreme long shot. What I'm looking for here isn't a game so much as a tech demo. I think that it was packaged in with a GeForce 2 card years and years ago. You started as a dolphin underwater swimming around with all these other dolphins, but then if you swam fast and jumped out of the water, you transformed into a bird and could fly around. Diving as the bird back into the water transformed you back into a dolphin.

Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about/know where I can find it?

Can it be just a demo to show the power of the card?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Well yes, that is what I meant by saying that I thought it was most likely a tech demo packaged with the GeForce 2. I just want to know if I'll be able to find it anywhere.

All the way down the first post are some benchmarks for GeForce 2 cards.

Odddzy posted:

There's this game that is some kind of a rom hack parody, it's freeware, has twenty levels, and is made so that people playing it are playing some kind of broken game that goes from playing pac man to stuff like zelda. the first word of the game is rom

ROM CHECK FAIL.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 8, 2009

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

HinderedUseless posted:

I'm trying to remember an old Star Trek game. Basically you wandered around the ship trying to solve a mystery (the exact nature of which I don't remember). I do remember that you type in complete sentences and the game had a pretty robust dialogue tree. I'm not sure if this is enough information, but someone has to remember this game.

I honestly don't mean to offend you, but perhaps you're thinking of Space Quest?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

My memory of this is just so faint because I was so young, but it was an fps possibly with lasers, possibly set on the moon, released mid-early 90s, Doom time I guess. Worth a shot.

Blake Stone or Rise of the Triad?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Arctic posted:

This game was almost complete Mariokart (snes) knock off for the PC but they were all animals like a Panda, Camel and Shark. Mode-7 and the like.

It often came on those discs with dozens of demos with Rise of the Triad and Raptor and such.

Whacky Wheels?

(Waffle is down, so direct link to the screenshot - http://www.abandonware-paradise.fr/Gifs/Abandonware/Wacky_wheels.png PLUS a video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVIiKp6xMs . Great game.

edit: beaten by a mile, sorry.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 29, 2009

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
I was watching an AVGN video and this game flashed by. It looks interesting. Anyone?

Click here for the full 1151x835 image.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Ez posted:

I remember seeing a game in Wal Mart back when I was about 10 or so (so about 11 years ago). It was a PC game that had something to do with caves that had giant crystals in them, which somehow either held naked women inside them, or at least had something to do with naked women.

I really don't remember many details, but it definately had something to do with crystals and nudity.

It would really make my day if someone knows that the gently caress I'm talking about.

It sounds like either Duke Nukem 3D or Shadow Warrior. It'd help if you could tell us if it was 2D or 3D.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Bieeardo posted:

Probably one of the Journeyman Project games.

Or Exile.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Aturaten posted:

My friend constantly asks if this game is Metroid, and I say "no", but I don't know what it is.

He describes it as a SNES-side scroller, where your character could turn into this dog-like ball thing, something similar to Megaman, and something else that he cannot remember. I think he's crazy, but on the off-chance that someone can remember the name, maybe I can finally get him to shut up.

Super Turrican (2) perhaps? I'm not sure if you can also morph into a ball, but it's the closest I can think of.

e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPESQyOeEo - around 0:27 he does the ball thing.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

ioneye posted:

It was a mobsters type game, was like a RTS, could buy property and raid people and stuff. Thats all I vaguely remember :(

Gangsters: Organized Crime?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
You're close, it's called Tubular Worlds.

Now we're on it, I remember a game I played a while ago. It was a Windows game, and a bit of a mix between RPG and an action shooter if I remember it correctly. You had power ups, and one of them was Ra. I believe this one damaged the enemy by a huge solar ray from above. The game was from a top-down perspective, and I remember I gave up on the game at some point where I was stuck in a level/map where there was a park, and a magic shop you had to enter one way or another. It's all really vague in my memory though.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Meepy posted:

It was for SNES, I think.
Pretty sure it was a JRPG, pretty sure it wasn't Final Fantasy, pretty sure in battles you would have an enemies at the top in front of you kind of view, sort of like EarthBound. My most vivid memories of the game as a child were block puzzles I couldn't figure out and fighting this guy who looked like a marshmallow.

Can't for the life of me remember what it is, been trying to find it again for years.

Lufia?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Bob Smith posted:

I remember renting a couple of games for the Genesis which I have since forgotten the names of. One was a Mario Kart clone which had "cool" characters, I remember there being an Elvis character and a biker and so on. One of the tracks I think was an airfield, and you could see hangars in the background. The other was a platform game where you played as a variety of animals, one of which (I think it was the main character) was an elephant, and it had a circus theme. Can anyone help with remembering them?

The first game sounds like a PC game called Wacky Wheels, or perhaps Skunny Kart. The second one you mention might be Rolo to the Rescue.

quote:

Similarly, I remember a couple of old PC games I played round my grandparents, but not their titles. One was a point-and-click adventure where you could choose to start at one of several "chapters," and it was on loads of CDs. The art style was very Disney-cartoon and it may have had animated cutscenes. I remember one room had a giant scorpion in it, and you controlled a princess-like woman. To get past the scorpion you had to do something very quickly or it grabbed you.

Sounds a bit like Toonstruck, but I think that's only 2 CDs and I don't think it has anything to do with any princess.

quote:

The second was a sort of extreme sport football game where your players had rollerblades and there were weapon pickups on the pitch like a stun missile and a mine, as well as spike traps and ramps and things. The pitch was a sort of bowl-shape with the best items at the top of the bowl and the traps in the middle. It was very basic 3D, as far as I can remember.

I know exactly what game you're talking about because that game took me years to track down. Sadly, I forgot the name.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Bob Smith posted:

The first one is definitely not Wacky Wheels, I remember the characters being nearly all human and the graphics being better.

Rock 'N Roll Racing, perhaps?

quote:

Rolo to the Rescue is definitely right though, I remember only getting to play it once but it was pretty good.

drat hard too.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

poptart_fairy posted:

OK. It was on the Genesis. You played either a male or female Wizard, and had to collect rabbits. That's all I remember; may have had a name like 'Izzy Wizzy', but I can't recall anything other than that. :psyduck:

Wiz 'n Liz.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Jarofmoldymayo posted:

Oh god now this is going to drive me crazy, it was some kinda strategy/puzzle game. I think you could split or merge you elementals and the object was to take over the board?

Perhaps it's Hexxagon.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

KillHour posted:

There was a game I saw on a demo disc for windows 95? 98? something like that. Anyways, it was a 3d shooter, and you were in some kind of cyber punk city. All I really can remember about it is you could practice hand to hand combat (with holograms?) in your apartment.

Well it certainly isn't a shooter, but it sounds like Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

PC game. Indie. First person. You begin the game getting off an elevator. Game ends maybe 30 minutes later by you being shot in the face. At some point you kill parrots/birds in cages, I think. I believe there is a rooftop chase.

Gravity Bone.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

These Loving Eyes posted:

1) A 2D platformer from early 90s for PC in which the screen doesn't scroll and instead you move from one screen to next. The main character is some stubby secret agent with sunglasses and a brown hat. There was possibly some alien invasion the player was trying to stop. I also remember that in the intro there was this brown hat falling down slowly, maybe some lightning strikes or UFOs and the agent himself. I think most if not all maps took place at night. The graphics were something like in the first Duke Nukem games (the platformers).

Sounds like Secret Agent or Dangerous Rick.

quote:

2) Also from early 90s and for PC. Some sort of top-down shooter in which you control a space ship that has to stay within platforms that float in space. The platforms had differences in height I think. Here's a crappy pic I made:

That's must be SkyRoads. edit: sorry, that's not top-down.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Cobweb Heart posted:

2. Very old game for MS-DOS. I barely remember anything about this and don't expect to find it. You played as a guy, I think teenage or college-age. I think you were fighting against aliens, although I don't remember any of the actual action, so it might have been a puzzle game or something. At one point (or maybe the whole game, I dunno), you collected soda cans. I remember the graphics being pretty primitive, but the level I can remember had a rather distinctive layout - I recall being underground.

This has got to be Commander Keen.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

The Supreme Court posted:

Trying to remember a 2D platformer from aaaaages ago. You were a kid with a slingshot and most of the enemies were zombies. Pretty sure it was surprisingly bloody when you hit a zombie, too. I think the first level was in woods (and you completed it by finding a broomstick and flying across?), later levels were in underground caves and the final level I ever got to was inside a house. The dismembered hands crawling towards you were bastards!

Monster Bash

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
This is some Amiga/Lynx game. It has small sprites, it's a platformer, and (some of) it takes place in a forest. It's not giana sisters and it doesn't even look like it. Sadly, that's all I can remember.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
Got a screenshot, just need the name;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Heran Bago posted:

There's a DS game with a Groundhog Day kind of thing going on. You need to make very specific decisions (or save scum maybe?) or the story will repeat until you 'do it right'. I looked around and can only find "Flower, Sun, and Rain" which I don't think is it! I think I'm thinking of an RPG.

Did I just hallucinate this game?

It's a long stretch, but could it be Ghost Trick?