Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
This one is pretty obscure I'm sure, but it's been bothering me for a while. It was played on an Amstrad PC-1512 (so it's likely a really old DOS game); you took the role of a robotic drone, and from a top-down perspective you had to push drums of coolant into chutes to prevent an overload of some sort.

I guess it was sort of a sokoban-style puzzle game, though I can't recall much else aside from the fact that you could choose from one or two different robots and I think there was one that looked vaguely "dog-house" shaped. I was extremely young, so I apologise for the vague descriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
Gravy Boat 2k

Dixie Flatline posted:

That was Quadralien. The doghouse shaped one is in this screenshot, bottom, right of the 'i'.

http://www.guardiansofthepast.co.uk/shots/screen/q/quad/quadralien-003.gif

That's it exactly, thank you!

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
Gravy Boat 2k

Nevz posted:

Sorry to be so vague but I cannot remember this game for the life of me. Could anyone please help???

Little Big Adventure perhaps?

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
Gravy Boat 2k

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'm thinking of a 3d platformer. Only thing I can remember is you could grab horizontal poles and swing on them, all the way around, doing loops around the pole, and launch yourself to the next platform by pressing a direction and hitting jump. But if you were swinging and decided to jump the other direction, you'd press in the opposite direction and the character would stop their swing at the top so they were basically doing a handstand on the pole, then switch their hand positions so their body turned to face the correct direction.

This feels like it has to be a prince of Persia game but I'm not sure

Psychonauts I'm guessing. I recall Raz having lovingly-detailed animations for swinging around, since he's a trapeze artist after all.