Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Invis posted:

I remember playing this game around ~1995 on pc. It was a 2d futuristic car (vehicle?) game where the aim was to blow up the others. You had access to a homing missile, shockwave attack, machine gun and a nuke I think. I can only remember one level, it was pretty dark. You could play multiplayer which was extremely awesome.

Anyone remember the name? I think it was Deathzone or something similar.

http://au.gamespot.com/pc/action/deathdrome/

You were on tron-cycle like vehicles shooting the poo poo out of each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

General Olloth posted:

Holy gently caress yes thank you, how did I miss this going through the list. I no longer feel 100% insane.

EDIT: hahaha it got terrible reviews, I hope it's just as painful and lovely and hard as I remember when I played it in 1998.

Me and my sister used to play the poo poo out of this game, we loved it.

There was a Indiana Jones version too that we just had the demo of.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

err posted:

SNES game. It was an RPG much like the Final Fantasy series. All I really remember that made it unique was it had a world map and one of the modes of transportation across the map was by flying either a flying dog or a dragon.

I'm not sure if the flying dog was accurate, as a kid I probably had just seen A Never Ending Story or something.

Secret of Mana, you do fly around on a big Neverending Story type dragon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_mana

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

Did Gratuitous Space Battles get a name change from "Star _____"? I'm trying to remember the name of a game I paid for alpha for about a year ago and it seems really similar to GSB.

It's a 2d top-down space battle game.

And the new thread for the patch that just hit is here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570400

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers that demo fondly.

I looked it up a while ago but was unable to track down the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

THE BAR posted:

It could be Fury3, but I don't remember you being able to upgrade your stuff in that one.

Your main gun and rapid fire gun both got more projectiles per shot the more pickups you got without running out of ammo in Fury3, but it only lasted until you ran out of ammo and it reset.