Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Yeah, in the swapper I think the game’s makers actually built some of the little spaceships as well as pieces of the levels physically out of clay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Mega Race?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
They talked about that first one in the OSHA thread recently (but that thread moves fast) and there's a lets play of it here on the forums but I can't remember the name. You could look at the LP master list.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

SweetBro posted:

What's the game that's like an anime styled dungeon crawl that's kind of like Slay The Spire, except your decks are built up from up to 4 characters you recruit. One of them is a dude that makes swords which are basically STS like shivs. Another one is a chick with a chainsaw. You yourself actually play a 5th character that doesn't fight but instead provides various party/exploration buffs as you level up. The enemies themselves are mostly static front facing images, and the game has some pretty indepth boss mechanics. One of which is like a fire elemental chick that has a mechanic based around passing around a DoT between your characters to effectively damage her.

Could it be one step from eden? Steam recommends that to me all the time.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Andorra posted:

Seeing that post reminded me of a similar game I played in the 90s. It was a sidescrolling helicopter game on the PC where you shot alien spaceships and picked up people from the ground, and you'd fly into caves in the ground. The entire terrain was a flat grey color, I believe. The game came on a disc with a bunch of other games, one was a pac-man clone that relied on processor speed and was unplayable on even the Emachine I had.

I'm really just interested in finding out what that disc was called so I can see if whatever other games I've forgotten are as bad as the other two.

I remember that cave helicopter game too because some people brought it to school. Sometimes it seemed like some caves were impossible but we might have just been bad.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Where the helicopters pretty much black outlines? I remember a game like that and it was just pure garbage.

On the flipside, Chopper Commando was :kiss: even though it was CGA and primitive as hell.
If it’s on the same disc I remember it included some games tied to the cpu clock which made them impossible to play like a Pac-Man Clone. There may have been a fly swatting game too

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The guy who does freeman's mind on youtube showcased Helious several years back, if anyone's interested in what the gameplay looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu4hJf2RCEk

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Crumps Brother posted:

I went on a bike ride today and the map I rode ended up looking like a really specific either video game or cartoon character. I can see the character in my head, but I just can't place it.

The two little spots on the second line from the top are the eyes above an agape mouth. Can anyone else place it? It's kind of driving me crazy.

Anyone recognize this?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Bobsedgws posted:

Hey goons, I'm after a space fighter pilot game I remember playing around 20ish years ago. I've only played the demo of it back then so some aspects of the story may be different to the full game?

It's similar to Freespace 2, in that I remember it was separated out by missions, and each of these missions had you piloting through a few jump gates to get to your destination, and sometimes back and forwards a few times. One mission in particular had a bonus objective of shooting a civilian ship until it's shields were down as it was overheating. Doing this got you some money you used to buy upgrades for your ship or different ships? Each mission started and ended with you docking or leaving a space station.

I also remember that the demo ended with your character being sent through a one way warp gate after being framed for destroying a different space station.

I know this one! Tachyon: The Fringe. I played the demo a whole lot as a kid.

E: It is currently on sale for 2.49 on steam. It features Bruce Campbell as the main character VA apparently.

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Dec 29, 2020

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
It’s a long shot but could you be thinking of Red Faction? It has destructible terrain which would be memorable.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Sounds like some weird twist on Baba is You. Is there mod support for that game?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Pulsarcat posted:

This was a browser game.

You play as stickmen and you chose a class at the start and you went through levels fighting guys.

I think it had RPG elements and if I remember right one of the classes had a halo it could toss at enemies.

Probably kingdom of loathing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Probably silencer from won.net.