Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Trying to remember an early 90's CD-ROM PC game. Mars-themed, "Mars" somewhere in the title. I think it was first-person graphical adventure type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Turns out it's this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martian_Memorandum

I dug around and found it just a few minutes ago.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Deep one here: there was a mega drive or genesis game, maybe ultimately unreleased in the US, that looked a lot like "Phantasy Star 2." I'm almost positive it was called "Starseed" or had "star seed" in the name. I would have seen a screen cap of this in a magazine in the early nineties but later, maybe 93/94. I was a big phantasy star fan and was surprised at how similar it looked, but was looking forward to it.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

al-azad posted:

Star Odyssey. It was officially released in America a few years ago.
Exile

That's totally it! Weird about finally getting released here.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

TehGherkin posted:

This one is vague as hell, I've asked before but (unsurprisingly) it was never answered.

All I can remember is that it was for either the Genesis or the Megadrive. It was a fantasy game, I think there were multiple characters, and I think it had both sidescrolling and topdown areas. There were definitely sidescrolling corridors you went through, but I'm sure I remember a big topdown library place. There may have been multiple characters (one being a dwarf), I'm not sure. One of the enemies was like a man made of dark blue electricy stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'll never know what this game we had when I was a kid once, but it can't hurt to ask again.

Sword of Vermillion? http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/vermilion/vermilion.htm

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Anatharon posted:

This is in fact what it was, thanks!

Outfoxies is an amazing, fun game though.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I played something several years ago that had a character that I'm pretty sure was named Abalone. I feel like this guy was a sort of wrestler-type character, but a swimmer as well (?) or something like that, and he kept calling you, the player, shrimp. It was a whole nautical theme and you had to best him in a pool or something like that. In my mind, he kind of looked like one of those M.U.S.C.L.E. guys. The whole thing was supposed to be humorous and weird.

My brain wants this to have been a Shadow Hearts game (thinking of the "man festival" thing) or something like Psychonauts or a Phoenix Wright game or something with a similar weird sense of humor like that. I'm totally drawing a blank and googling has failed me, but I'm 99% sure that Abalone was in the guy's name.

Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

Oh man, nope, although that sounded amazing. This was on a home console (can't remember which one - 360, PS2, 3, or Wii). I thought for a moment that it might have been No More Heroes due to the weirdo humor sense, but I don't think that was it either.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I vaguely remember a late eighties/early nineties PC game that had a kind of isometric viewpoint and you were a diver in an old-fashioned deep sea diving suit. Kind of a puzzle game, maybe secretly an educational game. Lots of jumping puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

I played a game around the mid-00’s with a character named Abalone who kept calling you shrimp, I think. You had to best him in a pool. This was all done with really goofy Japanese humor so I initially thought it was a Shadow Hearts game or one of the Suda things like “no more heroes.” No dice. I can’t even find a game with a character called “Abalone” at all!? Any clues?