Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"
This is going to be a hard one I think.

All I remember (clearly) is that the view was other top-down or slightly tilted. From the screen you started (possibly dropped off by a helicopter) there was only one way to go, up. From the next screen, I seem to recall right being the only way to go, most likely the screens scrolled as you got to the edge, like the first Zelda.

As for gameplay, I have always remembered it like you had to remove obstacles (like Bomberman) but it doesn't really make sense. Do not recall any kind of enemies.

I want to say that this is for NES, but I think I went through pretty much every game released here a few years ago trying to find it with an emulator. If it was not NES, it must have been either Genesis, C64 or Amiga (this was before SNES) as those were the only consoles I recall playing. But thinking about it, it should not be Amiga and the graphics were probably too advanced for C64 and I don't remember knowing anyone with a Genesis anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MW
May 20, 2001

"Nooooooooo!?"

Declarative posted:

Could it be... Robowarrior?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/nes/robowarrior/screenshots/gameShotId,87068/

My cousin had this and we could never get past the first few screens. It apparently IS tangentially related to Bomberman.

Amazing! That's it!