Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
One was a game for pc in the 90s that was educational. It showed kids all kinds of jobs they could do with minigames.

One job was to sort recycling waste that was going along a conveyor into the right bins. There were others but the one that sticks in my mind is that if you take the military route you end up with your direct superior bleeding out on the floor begging you to push a big red button and fire a missile.

Another was for pc in that 3D but it's actually 2D style. You go through a maze in a hovering vehicle. The view is from inside the cockpit and there's a red and blue hovering vehicle who compete in some way I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yes! Thank you.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It wasn't so much a game as an edutainment package aimed at showing children what the world of work offers, with a bunch of mini games about working in different industry sectors. It was on PC and I was using Win95 at the time, so probably mid 90s.

There was a minigame where you sort different kinds of recycling waste as they move along a conveyor.

The one that really sticks in my mind, though, is the military storyline which culminates in a sequence where your base gets invaded and your immediate superior, who has clearance to fire the big missile, is wounded and orders you to press the big red button.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
And you're certain this isn't actually anno 1404?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There was this thing I played on a windows 95 machine. It was a multimedia disc thing for kids that was meant to educate you about different industries. One of them was about recycling, and you had to sort waste into categories as it moved on a conveyor. One had something to do with water treatment. The one that really sticks in my mind, though, is the military one where there's an explosion and your superior is lying injured and asks you to push the big red button that fires the rocket because he can't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I don't think it's that because I'd remember the gormless kid face, but it definitely had that kind of aesthetic. I doubt that helps because every weird multimedia package of the time had that half cartoon half trying to look realistic thing going.