Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
a platformer(?) about an Italian-American plumber who steps on turtles/kappas and shoots fireballs if he eats flowers. it was mushroom themed, I think?

I dont remember much else about it other than I played it on the NES in late 1988 and it was a dual cart that also had the game Duck Hunt

I asked my buddy and he seems to recall playing something similar but it came with Duck Hunt and World Class Track Meet? around 1990 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

...! posted:

Guess Who

haha

I had a friend 20 years ago who was the master of Judgmental Guess Who. That's where you're like, "Does this person cheat on their taxes?" or "Would this person try to sell you on an MLM scam?" I dont know who started this idea but Im sure its been around exactly as long as when they first started selling the game

What he'd do in his off hours would discuss the Guess Who characters with you and months later when it was time to play, hed just remember long after youve forgotten.

I actually think I saw something about this a few months ago on Instagram/reposted Tiktoks? which warms my heart :)

Tom is definitely a cannibal

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Years ago, there was a Kickstarter for a Playstation 1 style 2D/3D mix game that looked and played like a recreation of Final Fantasy Tactics, except on a space station. Had bald jumpsuit dudes like Alien 3 or the Paranoia RPG maybe? except doing the little low frame count FFT idle jig on the blocky 3d battle map.

I have no idea if it was funded or not, or if it ever saw the light of day. Any ideas?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I keep a copy of the Official Nintendo Power FINAL FANTASY V ADVANCE Player's Guide in my nightstand for quick access... not that I need it 😎