Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleuseau Remos
Apr 13, 2024
Apple II

Kind of a 49rs theme text mode game where you buy mining supplies and dig or pan for gold. Part I remember the most is a spinning cursor as you dig. At the end it would tell you if you made money or starved to death.

Played in my math class in the early 80s with Math Blaster.

I'd love to play this today. I've hit a lot of AppleII archive sites and never seen it. Just want to starve to death again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleuseau Remos
Apr 13, 2024

Probably it! Thanks for finding it. Now I just need to find a copy.

Many thanks.

Cleuseau Remos
Apr 13, 2024
Now that I played it..... I'm not sure this is it. It could be though I remember it being very time consuming and nobody had enough computer time to finish it. There was just the one computer in our math class.

Cleuseau Remos
Apr 13, 2024
I thought it could be by MECC but Miners Cave is not it. The mining part was moving a spinning cursor into a wall. like - backspace \ backspace | backspace / backspace repeat.

Goldfields is the closest so far but that overview map I'm pretty sure I would have remembered. It was the only game so far you could goldpan or mine with a pick.

Anyway, fun stuff, thanks for digging around everyone.