Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

EjectButton posted:

I remember playing an arcade game in the mid 90s. Was an isometric adventure game, 1-2 players. All I really remember was that there was a level where you were walking around outside in a castle riding a tiger and you could make the tiger jump up on enemies and then spin around their neck decapitating them.

Tecmo Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Cronican posted:

Ps1 game I played about 5-10 years ago, I don't remember much about it at all. Starred two scantily clad female leads, I think they were thieves or ninjas or agents or something. It was an overly cinematic game that looked fairly cartoony.

I only really remember one scene. The two leads are on an elevator, and for some reason they were afraid the security guard watching via a security camera would recognize them, so they started making out to avoid detection? I remember it making sense at the time, or I didn't care because I was 15.

The game took EVERY opportunity to show the leads in as little clothing as possible. It was hilarious.

I remember the game having like 4 cd's and you had to switch between them constantly. Like, go down a corridor, insert disk 2, next room, disk 4. It was really frustrating.

I know this is REALLY vague, and I can't even remember what the gameplay was like. Makes me realize just how sick my mind was back then.

Sounds like Fear Effect 2.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

A Certain Ratio posted:

Sorry if there's another thread for this, I looked and couldn't find it.

I'm trying to remember a scrolling fighter game from the late 80s / early 90s and I'm pretty sure it was both a coin-op and Genesis game. It was in the style of Streets of Rage or Final Fight and it had a level that took place on a blimp or a flying ship of some kind (I think the last level?)

Thanks!

edit: Also, it's not this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh9BM3Sv7sk

Undercover Cops ended in a blimp or jet or something, it might be that.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Ninja Toast! posted:

I have little hope for this, but here goes.

SNES kiddyish (maybe) Racing game I rented at some point in the early-mid nineties. I don't think it was mode7 style, because I think there were changes in altitude on some of the tracks and I don't think you could pull that off with mode 7. Bright colors, one of the tracks had water/ocean/beach or something like that surrounding it. The cars may have had faces on them, sort of like in this video, but my kid brain may have made that up (though if it's true it's probably the only way anyone will remember it).

Not positive, but it might be Stunt Race FX, the cars in that usually had their headlights/grills set up like faces and I'm pretty sure there was a beach course. Worth a shot.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Kaatridge posted:

Um, I can't remember much at all about this game, since I played it many years ago. I am pretty sure it was on the SNES, and you played as a little blue ball that could turn into different creatures and animals. I've never been able to find it, and I only have fond memories of playing it.

Claymates.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

JustNoSkill posted:

This game a was a blockbuster rental from way back, so it's totally possible I'm remembering it poorly. It was either for Sega or SNES.

Basically, it was a fantasy sidescroller where you and a friend would pick characters (I remember specifically an elf, cleric... and the rest were probably generic stuff like that). You would then move left to right across the screen a la Golden Axe, fighting people.

What made this game different and kind of fun was that every character actually used a ranged attack. So you'd swing your mace/whatever, and a little wave would come out of your guy, travel a bit, and do damage. Pickups or something would cause your attack to power up, sending out more, stronger waves, until you died and it got reset (basically like the mechanic for weapon powerups in all those scrolling spaceship shooter games). For some reason, I remember that it was a lot of fun and I'd like to remember... what the hell it was, exactly.

Sounds like King of Dragons.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This info is coming from a guy at work, I said I'd look it up for him.

Xbox (original) game, 3 characters, 2 male and 1 female. You switch off between them all throughout the game. One guy has 2 pistols, another has a shotgun, can't remember what the other person has. I believe it's 3rd person.

I think they're investigating a house or something.

Someone else from work said it was "Indigo Prophecy", which I couldn't chime in with because I've never played it.

This might be Hunter: The Reckoning.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Okay, here's a weird one that I haven't been able to find out what it is. Game for old black and white GameBoy system where I believe you played a group of four characters that moved left to right along the screen and could also move up and down. I think it also had a distinct "Japanese" style to it where the characters you could choose for your group were samurai and ninjas and you fought oriental-style dragons among other enemies.

Vague as hell description, I know, but I can't really offer any more help than that.

Might be Mercenary Force.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Constellation I posted:

Here's one that I've played a really long time ago and can only provide vague details.

Basically, it's a Playstation 1 game. You were on some sort of airship, then you crashed into this floating city. There's some survivors, and the first few parts of the game had you going around asking people what happened. Then you go off and explore and look for supplies or whatever. I remember it being a 3rd person type of platformer/survival-horrorish game. The only thing I can remember is that it had climbing mechanics and the title is like "Ode to Die" or "Ode to Death" or something. I can't find anything resembling the game on Google with those titles, though.

EDIT: Or maybe the title of the game is O. D. E. or something? I dunno, "ode" keeps popping up into my head when I try to remember the name of this game.

The game definitely had a dark feel to it, I remember being depressed and gloomy everytime I played it. Didn't really play it much because of that.

It's O.D.T.: Escape or Die Trying.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Mudlark posted:

I could use some help!

I used to play this game every time I went to my step-dad's place, and I'm pretty sure it was on a Sega system. Either Genesis or Master, I'm not sure.

Anyway, the game involved two guys on jetpacks, and you flew through very alien landscapes in a rather horizontal shooter pattern. What I remember best is that, sometimes, the levels were done from behind, kind of like Contra for the NES. Oh, and there was a shop where you could buy power-up for your guns and stuff.

Been trying to remember/find this one for years now.

Sounds like Forgotten Worlds.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Sutureself posted:

I don't think this has been asked yet.... it was an old arcade game in the 80's for 3 players. It was over head or 3/4s overhead view and you ran around busting up monster nests and it was a real quarter eater. There was a blue guy with a whip and fedora, I think a green dude with a spear, and a woman in red with a sword or something.

I like going back and playing old games I was never good at and realizing they were just bad games and I didn't totally suck at arcade games when I was 8 (I actually did).

Dark Adventure.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Espresso Steampunk posted:

Oh man, insomnia has triggered nostalgia, and I want to learn all about this 80's bowling-alley-mainstay, but I just can't recall the name. It was 3 players at a time: the blue player was very Indiana Jones (blue hat and whip), there was a green guy with a spear, and some girl. You ran around these crazy floating crypts destroying little caves the monsters spawned from. With all the money we spent playing that, I can't believe we never beat it. I'm sure you guys know which game I mean, so thanks in advance!

Dark Adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Erdos posted:

There's an old SNES rpg where you built and programmed robots and then battled with them. The art was really cartoony and it resembled a final fantasy game.

Robotrek.